700 series on an ATV. Need some help!

• Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

I have a Bird 788 ci di. I have used it in the boat for the summer and decided to use it on my ATV for winter use. All I want is the lake map and GPS function. I bought the RAM ice package which is the power cord and Ram mounts and hardware. Hooking it to the ATV was easy enough and when I hit the power button it even came on. That’s it for the good news…………

When it fires up it says transducer not connected. It then goes into Simulator mode, and stays there. I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is going on. What am I missing? It would almost seem like without a transducer hooked up the unit won’t work. There must be something that needs to be turned off but I have no idea what it is.

If anyone has any experience with what I am talking about I would sure appreciate any help you could offer.
    Thanks in advance!
    WS

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Under advanced settings there is an option to turn off transducers or “no transducer connected” or something like that.

Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

Thanks to the both of you. Very frustrating. Yesterday I turned the sonar off a few times. Also the key stroke beeps. It seemed every time I turned it back on the dang thing resorted back to beeping and the sonar was on. Also it never laft the simulater mode.

This morning I did as you said and presto, it seems to work. I will check it tonight after I get back and see if everything is still set the same. I did notice sitting in my office that it showed my speed fluctuating from .5- 1.5 mph. Not sure what that’s about, but as for now, I am happy.

Thanks again!
    WS

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Thanks to the both of you. Very frustrating. Yesterday I turned the sonar off a few times. Also the key stroke beeps. It seemed every time I turned it back on the dang thing resorted back to beeping and the sonar was on. Also it never laft the simulater mode.

This morning I did as you said and presto, it seems to work. I will check it tonight after I get back and see if everything is still set the same. I did notice sitting in my office that it showed my speed fluctuating from .5- 1.5 mph. Not sure what that’s about, but as for now, I am happy.

Thanks again!
    WS

The speed bouncing around is the GPS crabbing different satellites both with weak signals. You’ll probably notice this resolves itself when you are outside. By grabbing different satellites it appears you are moving to the GPS unit.

Sean Reames

If you put the unit back on your boat so the simulater does not come on you need to go under the setting menu and turn off the demonstration mode and you won’t need the transducer from then on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.