Hooking up to my PC

• Willy Wonka
    Forest Lake, Mn.

I have the 788 DI and am wondering if hooked to a spare battery and using the optional PC cord that Humminbird offers if I could use my PC monitor to practice with the unit and search out areas to try while sitting in my big chair in the office instead of out on the lake.

And if this doesn’t work does anyone know what I need to do to accomplish this. Many long hours are spent during the winter that I could be spending marking waypoints and such instead of looking out the window wondering if I should blow snow. Thanks for any help!
    WS

d-train

I don’t know of a way to view on the PC monitor and I don’t think it can be done, but I do use my 798 to scout from the home office. What I use is a small 8.0 Ah battery from Cabela’s and a spare power cord from an old Piranhamax.

rilose
    Kentucky Lake

I have the 998csi combo, and it does have an optional wire you can purchase that will project the same screen out to a monitor. That is how I have the unit on my boat, the actual unit is mounted on the helm with the cord running up to the bow, and I have a cheap 15′ computer monitor attached to the front of my boat for viewing. I do still have to return to the unit and use it’s controls to change views or recalabrate, but the picture is actually clearer on the bigger screen.

Not sure if your unit offers the ‘external’ video screen, I’d suggest calling hummingbird and asking them about it, that’s how I discovered my unit’s capabilities.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

The 700 series do not have the video output connector port that is available on the larger units.

You could connect your 788 to a 12V battery used for ice fishing. I have mine connected to an old quick release mount and have the power cable and a transducer connected
    to allow use for ice fishing. It is all mounted in a plastic pail with a handle. The quick release is mounted on the lid.

You may want to try downloading HumminbirPC from the Humminbird site. Then you can import your information using your SD card or the optional cable connected to your 788 head.
    This will allow you to play, then you can write your saved waypoints to the SD card and load them on your 788.
    You will want to download the google earth stuff as well.
    HumminbirdPC won’t allow you to “see” what is on your 788 in real time, but should allow you to play around.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.