Ice is off!

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

Just wanted to post that all the lakes have been ice free up here for about a week now. a good early spring should be good for this fishing season!!

Tanner Wildes

chris dymale
    west bend, wi

Tanner,
    what would you guess is the water temp of the flowage then? I fish the Treelands challenge every year and I am wondering the water temp now. I know they spawn at about 48 to 50 degree water temp.
    I always start looking up the river and try to locate them in their post spawn and pre summer haunts.
    do you ever use flicker shads on the flowage?
    I think you should share some of your flowage secrets on here.
    I’d rather see you at the treeland challenge giving tips and stuff on Thursday night than Ronnie Bergman. I like the guy, but he really doesn’t tell you anything and it’s the same stuff for the last 15 years.
    well, good luck on there this year.
    Just out of curiosity, what do you think of the 18″ min. rule for the flowage and surrounding lakes? That may make it a little tougher on your business for a while.

dpomann
    Sartell,MN

I just talked to my buddy on the fisheries crew and he is going to set nets tomorrow out there, but thinks he is going to catch the tail end of the spawn out there. Yeah flicker shads work great out there. Fish should be everywhere by the tournament, deep, shallow and in the weeds, that is where I mostly fish for them. I am all for the 18 inch size limit we really need it on the chip, the walleye population is crashing out there, and something need to be done. It won’t affect guiding at all, almost all of my walleye clients could really care less about keeping them, its just a bonus if they get to take some fillets home.

Tanner Wildes

redog
    Hayward, WI.

It’s nice to see early ice-out and that the water levels on the Chip are not too bad at this point. Can’t wait to get out there!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.