ice fishing report for friday march 5

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

Yesterday my buddy and I went to a lake down by birchwood to try crappie fishing, finally found some fish in 30 feet of water in the basin, but they were moving around really fast and were really hard to stay on top of them, we got a few of them, but they were all about 8 inches long, then we headed back up to LCO and got a couple on tip-down, about 11 inches long, we only fished out there about an hour. also got some small gills, and two pike.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tanner:

Sat. nite I spent on the big lake you guys fished with Gillespie a couple of weeks before and was my last hurrah for eye’s. Managed one of those and a pout!!! Neither was big enough to cut so now its pans til Mohawkskin or Escanaba open up.

Yesterday I spent the whole day trying a spot where I had gotten into some decent perch two weeks ago. Fish were still there, still not ready to cooperate. Moved around and managed to find some willing to bite and ended up taking 15 home ‘tween 6.5″ and 8″. They really liked that new Bro’s bug and Lil Cecil!!! Just couldn’t find some of those 9-11″ fish that I got into two weeks ago… Almost changed lakes, but didn’t… You know why leave fish to go find fish… The day was sure beautiful in the upper 40’s. Landings are holding up so far, but I am not fond of the ones facing south already!!!

Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.