Pike Action in Hayward area

• ritz9876
    Maple Grove, MN

Hey everyone. Now I need some advice. We are going to the cabin on Lake Winter, but are really interested in pulling some pike through the ice. Now I know everyone wants to keep their secrets, but any tips on surrounding lakes with good pike action not far from Winter? I assure you, your secrets safe with me

bigpike

Ripely Lake just west of Long Lake off of Hwy. B would be a good action lake. Park on the road and walk in. The first half of the lake (it is split into two basin’s) is a bowl. Just line your tipups along the edge of that basin with as many guys as you can find and get ready to run your fanny off.

ritz9876
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for the tip. That sounds like a lot of Fun. Looks like it is about 52 miles from Winter… I’ll let ya know if we check it out!

dpomann
    Sartell,MN

There are a number or lakes with good pike fishing in them. Barber, and blaisdell both have good pike in them, not many but really big when you get them, pushing 40 inches. Island is a good lake to get alot of action, from pike and lm bass. Conners in the weeds will have some decent pike fishing as well. if you feel like a bit of a ride lee lake on 27 by ladysmith has a pile of pike in it. hope this helps you out a bit!

Tanner Wildes

ritz9876
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks a lot Tanner. I looked up a lake map of Barber and it looks like the deepest part is 12-10 ft. Seems to be relatively close to our cabin. We really only have one day for serious fishing so thans a bunch for the advice!

dpomann
    Sartell,MN

Barber gets pretty deep actually in the 30’s I know you don’t have to travel far to fish out there, right in front of the boat landing there is cabbage and milfoil and coontail out to about 11-12 feet of water, fish the edge and top of it for pike.
    Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

ritz9876
    Maple Grove, MN

Oh it must have been the wrong map!

You ever fish on Lake Winter? We’re trying to decide if the action will be better on a different lake, or if we should just stay by the cabin. Winter claims to have No pike, but I seem to catch them every summer.

dpomann
    Sartell,MN

yeah I actually lived on the lake for 9 years, our family cabin is on the lake, there are plenty of pike out there, if you are going to pike fish out there head to the west side of the lake where all the flooded timber is, there is weeds coming pretty far out there, set the tip-ups out in the weeds at various depths and you will catch some pike!!

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Winter also has some big eyes and LM`s.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.