panfishing report for 2-18-10

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

Yesterday, it was a nice warm sunny day, so I headed out to LCO for some crappie and blugill fishing. it was tougher then I expected with the high pressure system that brought this warm weather in, but managed to get a few fish, kept two crappie up to about 11 inches, and two bluegills up to about 9 inches. let a few more go, but not fast and furious action,but the fish I got were nice. all were in about 9-10 feet of water on gill pills and spikes. saw a ton of fish on the Aqua-vu but really tough to get them to bite. also got a pike on a tip-down, which was fun.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the report Tanner and welcome to the posting side of Ido!

jdoely

Welcome to IDO Tanner!
    It will be nice to see a few more reports from the Hayward area.

jhalfen

Welcome aboard Tanner.

You probably don’t remember, but I fished with you about 4 years ago on the Flowage. No fish in the boat that day, but I still tell people about one of your power topwater hooksets that sent the bait flying into a delicate area that doesn’t take too well to treble hooks.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Tanner thanks for the report. I’ll be up to that area in about 8 hours. We’re staying on Grindstone but will be hitting some of the area lakes. If you see a maroon Yukon Denali swing over and say hi.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Tanner!!!

I hear you like to chase musky, looking forward to some of your soft water reports!

Todders

Lester? I thought that looked like you. Why Lester?

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors Tanner!!!

I hear you like to chase musky, looking forward to some of your soft water reports!

Lots of room for Musky guys Good first post Tanner and welcome

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Welcome to IDO Tanner

Sounds like a good day was had even with a tough bite

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Welcome aboard Tanner.

You probably don’t remember, but I fished with you about 4 years ago on the Flowage. No fish in the boat that day, but I still tell people about one of your power topwater hooksets that sent the bait flying into a delicate area that doesn’t take too well to treble hooks.

Glad I am not the only one that kind of stuff happends to-

Welcome

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Thanks for the report Tanner!
    Hope we get to see more reports from up you’re way.

jdoely

Quote:

Lester? I thought that looked like you. Why Lester?

Lester, the molester… Thought you would have figured that out after all the long weekends in the Ice Castle.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Welcome to IDO Tanner! And thank you for posting your panfish report. I checked out your guiding website along with your bio and it’s very impressive. It’s certainly nice to have someone of your caliber join the In-Depth Outdoors family. I look forward to hearing more Hayward area reports from you and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Welcome once again!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Tanner:

Welcome aboard, always nice to have another musky nut on board!!! I have posted on your web page reports board before and you can find me any time you are over to R&H right across the street!!! Stop in and say hi!!!

Panfishing over in Minocqua has been a tightlipped kind of affair the last two weekends for me, but I am really getting started after a busy winter with a new puppy and cruddy ice. Check out IDO hunting side as well if you get the time!!!

Mark

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

Tanner its good to see that you found IDO….you probably dont remember this but i met you while fishing vermillion two years ago….i was with a buddy and we had been fishing hard and met you and Jason at the campsite you were staying at….we ended up talking to you at your trailer for an hour or so during the middle of the day, over a couple beers, and then you gave tony and myself an orange hellhound…..still talk about how much of a class act guide and guy you were to whomever i talk to about muskie fishing…..thanks again and good luck fishing..
    Charles Schmidtbauer
    p.s. that day i think i left you a voicemail but we ended up catching a 38″, 48″, 49″ and a 51″…black on black cowgirls and the full july moon…gotta love it.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Thanks for the report and keep them coming!

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Welcome to IDO Tanner! I think the last time I talked to you, you were in the middle of getting your six pack licesnse. Can’t wait to hear more from you! We should meet up on Big Sis this summer. Love that lake!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors, Tanner. Thanks for the report. We look forward to reading your open water reports as well.

Feel free to give any of us here a holler if you have questions about the website.

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Thanks for the report

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Welcome Tanner!!!
    Look forward to seeing some Muskie reports. Another ski nut, Awsome

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.