Ice conditions hayward area lakes

• tstatz
    wis

Just wondering if anyone has first hand info on the ice depths on round or grindstone or lco ? i will be up for new years, would like to get the tipups and jigging raps wet!

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Not sure how close this is to Hayward but I know it’s up Nort:

CRANDON, Wis. – A Kaukauna man died after the vehicle he was driving fell through the ice on Lily Lake, in the township of Nashville, the Forest County Sheriff’s Department said.

Daniel Arnoldussen was driving an off-road, side-by-side four-wheel vehicle on the lake Sunday afternoon when it went through the ice, the sheriff’s department said. His daughter, Megan, was a passenger.

Authorities said Arnoldussen kicked the window out as the vehicle was sinking and pushed his daughter to safety. He was pulled out of the water and CPR was performed until rescue officials arrived.

Arnoldussen was transported to the Langlade Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, authorities said. Arnoldussen’s age wasn’t immediately available.

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/state-and-regional/article_61b164e2-f40d-11de-a1e0-001cc4c002e0.html

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Well I am just a little further west of Crandon, but all sorts of those types of accidents are happening. I was out on Sunday night a smaller 800 acre lake west of Minocqua. In some places we had 3-4″ of clear ice with hardpacked frozen slush above and that only had a small layer of water in between. In other places we had almost all the ice was hardpacked slush.

I am going to be listening to some archived radio from Eagle River last Sunday night and I could post a link for you to enjoy and get some of that info. RFRG Internet Radio during this time of the year spends most of its time discussing ice fishing and goofing around, but does give you some important information for the area which could be translated into other areas of the north. You might be able to win one of the two trivia questions each night that could win you a Mepp’s bucktail!!!

Muskie Matt’s Internet Radio

Mark

j_d
    Warroad, MN

I was up last weekend fishing a lake south of grindstone/lco a couple of miles. There wasn’t much ice where i was, 4-5 inches at most, with 3-4 inches of snow on top. fishing was excellent though. Coming back up this weekend, hope to at least be able to snowmobile out, walking is tough with all the snow.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.