Anything bite’n?

• fluff47
    NE Nebraska

The family picked Harlan for our LaborDay reunion. Its been out of our bass circut for years so the closest I’ve been is the drive over the west end on the way to Kansas. Back then things were so dry trees grew where I use to see boats fishing and other than a trickle from the river I’m not sure you could see water anymore.

Anyway, I’ll be on the water this weekend looking for anything that bites to keep the family happy. If anybody’s got a clue what to try first or where I’d be happy to hear about it.

Thanks, Fluff

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

There have been a few guyz picking up whites trolling shad raps, on the drops, in 15′ – 25′ of water. There have also been a few ‘eyes’ caught but nothing to write home about. GOOD LUCK

SBEBDLLH

If you need to just get fish on a hook then try throwing work chunks in the shallows along the west end and you should catch some cats as well. They continue to stay active and anywhere you can find some marginal shallow water without too much crud to snag the kids up should give you a chance for some fish. Try around prarie dog bay where white cat point is as you can get into the shallower water easier around there then the true west end right now.
    Craig

benseim

Plenty of nice white bass are being caught using slab spoons on the east end near the dam. Just look for the boats and join them. These fish aren’t breaking the surface but are feeding on schools of shad near the bottom. It’s actually some pretty decent action for this time of the year and a fun way to catch em. Good Luck.

fluff47
    NE Nebraska

We gave it a shot but not much luck. Really only saw 1 boat catch anything and from all the reports nobody was catch’n much. A white or catfish here and there but it’s a good thing we took plenty of hamburger and hotdoogs.

Still had a good trip with the family, nice place, and if the waterlevel holds fish’n should do nothing but improve. All the flooded brush there today should give any spawn a great chance to grow, its like a new lake again. With another 6′ to fill it could do it all over again next spring.

Fluff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.