Water is coming up!!

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I know it will be back at minimum pool after irrigation but I hear it is up 4 feet now and there is a decent amount of water coming in on the Republican!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Oh I almost forgot. I heard the ice is gone too!!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Sweet!! I’ll be down there this weekend at the Rep City boat show in the morning, so I’ll drive around and check it out.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I drove over the Rep on Sunday morning on the way to Webster and I was really disappointed with the amount of water that was in the Rep . The small channel that is has been using for the last couple of years wasn’t even full. I thought that the run-off would have increased the flow by much more than what I saw? Also there was no running water in the Praire Dog

benseim

Zach, you were about two weeks late on catching the water as it was really coming in. Two weeks ago the inflow was over 1,000 CFS. Checked it on the NWS website today and it is about a third of that. The lake has risen almost 4 feet since the start of the meltdown. Unfortunately, Kansas will get every drop of it by the end of July. It should still be there for both tournaments in June though.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Anybody have a whole bunch of beavers that we could use to block the waters path into KS?? Better make them KS beavers though, as if they are NE beavers we will get taken to court over the deal

orion94
    them thar hills, SW Nebraska

Quote:

Anybody have a whole bunch of beavers

I have two, ones name is Stihl and the others Poulan

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

ones name is Stihl and the others Poulan

Good one!

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Were they made in KS or CO? That way we won’t have any more NE court dates

Todd_NE

If NEBRASKA irrigators didn’t suck too much water perhaps we wouldn’t have a problem with Kansas?

You know, most rivers GET BIGGER as they go downstream. In Nebraska they disappear.

Hmmm

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I was down to Rep City today at Waconda Boats open house they always have this time of year, and I was pretty disappointed with the water coming into the lake as well. I’m definitely not complaining, but I thought it would be more. I suppose it probably was last week or whenever they were catching a lot of the runoff, so that’s good. You can tell the lake is up a little bit. Lots of marshy stuff on the upper end. The road to the boat ramp at Hunter’s was closed off, so I’m guessing the entire ramp is under water because of the rise. All the dock sections were out too, so I bet that’s the case. The Gremlin ramp looked real good though, so I bet that’ll be useable for quite some time this spring. As always, the staff at Waconda sure was nice to visit with. I can’t wait to get down there and do some fishin!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.