Handyman – Hudson, WI area

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m in need of a handyman for several projects that are becoming more and more a priority as they linger. Problem is when I call handyman services, they seem to want to do one large project like finish my basement.

I have 6-8 smaller lingering projects that run the gamut from woodworking to electrical. I don’t have the equipment and general know how to do them right and watching youtube, going out and buying what I need, is not practical.

Any suggestions in the east metro, western Wisconsin area? Anyone that is just naturally handy want to make an honest dollar and help me out?

Thanks,

Eric

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I know in Mn, but not sure in WI –
    Any person other than the property owner needs to be licensed to perform Electrical, Plumbing and/or HVAC work. Heck in Mpls if you own rental property you need to hire a licensed contractor to perform the above work.

Deleted

I’m with you, calling the licensed electrician, plumber, carpenter, floor guy, etc. it has been my experience that they are cheaper in the long run because they do the work with skill and confidence. Do shop around and find the ones that don’t swing for the fences of your budget every time too tho.

I think my plumber is $55/ hr. electrician about the same. I use a fantastic & honest auto repair shop for $60/hr. I had a licensed contractor put new windows in my house for $100/ hr and that was for 3 guys doing the work. The dad and two sons did excellent work.

Keep in mind. Even if a handyman charges half what the pros do, you are getting what you pay for and sometimes they take twice as long to do a half-assed job, so you end up paying the same anyhow.

We got some joker by me that charges $35 an hour x2 for him and his wife to work as handymen. They are getting $70/hr working together and fleecing old people around here. It cracks me up and sickens me at the same time.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Your professional can give you a half ass job also.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

, calling the licensed electrician, plumber, carpenter, floor guy, etc

Thats a large umbrella you are throwing all trades under. Not everyone needs to be licensed. fyi

Deleted

Nice to see the grammar police out in force. My message was pretty clear despite missing a few clarifying punctuations. I wouldn’t hire a handyman. I see them as ripoffs. I’ve had awful good luck with the pros. I am not a skilled tradesmen so I have no skin in this. Just personal experience while owning 5 homes in the past 30 yrs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.