Liquid Fertilizer

• bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I am looking for some feedback from anyone that has used any of the liquid fertilizers on their clover or brassica plots.
    I am thinking of trying this one. it will run about 20.00 Per acre. (about 1/2 the price of granular)
    http://www.plantbiologic.com/p-292-meen-green.aspx

john_steinhauer
    p4

I’ve become a huge fan of antler kings jolt and plot max. Jolt runs about 15 a acre and plot max runs about 36 a acre. I’ve used them both on clover but not on brassica the deer on my farms don’t seem to eat the brassicas.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

How are you applying it? At planting time or side dressing?

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

Didnt even see it was for brassicas…

Thats what I get for being on my phone and laptop at the same time.

john_steinhauer
    p4

Plot max I spray on to new and existing plots once in spring and fall, jolt I won’t spray till plants are a few inches tall and ill spray them with it a couple times. I like being able to spray and go not needing to wait for it to break down like granular fertilizers.

john_steinhauer
    p4

I also plan to do a few test plots in my back yard this spring showing sprayed and not sprayed and plan to either do a write up with pics or a video.

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Bob or John,

Do you think there would be any issues using the same sprayer that we spray (kill) weeds with and using it for fertilizer as long as we rinse it out between uses?

Thanks

Chris

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Chris:

I might be wrong, but when I managed the golf course, my golf course super used the same sprayer all the time, so I think you are good rinsing it out. There may be specifics to the process though, that Bob or John may point out.

Mark

john_steinhauer
    p4

I use the same tank for my round up and everything. Every spring I go to my local farm Co op and buy some tank cleaner and clean my tank after every use.

john_steinhauer
    p4

I just looked threw some of my paper work I use pro tank cleaner runs about 8 bucks. There is also different tips for sprayers for different types of applications that will give you more spray width or volume hope that helps a bit.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

I just double rinse my tank between chemicals, But tank cleaner would be the safest option

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Thanks guys

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.