Soybeans

• chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Hm – our households 3 combined Toyota vehicles currently have 525,000 miles on the three of them and the wifes corolla is the baby with only 50,000. The previous car was built by Suzuki and the wife made me let it go with 267,000 miles. I think it should serve you well – but check on the towing capacity to be sure. If it will meet your needs I think you’ll be happy. I know I am. Chuckles

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I seen one at the boat ramp when I was pulling my boat out (with my Rav4) and it looked to have a similar size boat as yours, seemed like it handled it just fine. Newer Higlanders I think would be even better.

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

In Consumer Reports they rated the 2007 and earlier Highlanders as very reliable and at the top of their ratings. You should be getting a very good deal on a 2007 because it is the last year for that style.

For 2008 the Highlander was totally redesigned with a larger more powerful engine, more standard safety equipment, increased towing capacity, and made much bigger. Yet the MPG improved (in 2008 the government redid the MPG standards to make them more realistic). I just put a post about my 2008 near the bottom of this thread New Tow vehicle?? ideas??

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

So far I’ve owned a 67 Land Cruiser, 80, 84 & 92 Tercels, 92 Previa (salvage title), 87 Corolla, 85 & 95 Camrys, 94 pickup – and either currently driving or have sold with 102,000 to 205,000 miles. Total major repairs: head gasket on the Corolla, valve job on the Land Cruiser (due to abuse by previous owner). Beyond regular maintainence such as oil changes and filters all 9 vehicles together have needed 1 set of struts, 2 muffler jobs, 3 brake jobs in 600,000 total miles. All were purchased by me with between 32,000 and 150,000 miles. Bottom line – I don’t even shop for anything else although I’d probably be just as satisfied with Honda.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Thanks for the comments. They are very helpful.
    Central, I live in Hastings and have been looking at Burnsville Toyota and Inver Grove Honda. I drove a couple of them and they seem to ride very nice and have plenty of power.

CentralBassman

I have some connections at Rochester Toyota so that why i was ask. They have a lot of used Highlanders…. So if you are interested in looking around at other dealers Send me a PM!!!! We can talk price and stuff like that!!!

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

I have a 08 Highlander since April and we love it . I towed my bass boat to the Lake of the Ozarks. (20 ft boat 225 outboard) and had no problems at all. With all the hills we still got over 16mpg . Much better traveling in this than 4 people in an extended cab truck. The kids were still toooo close but thats another story. Great SUV. Dave

Wireing can be alittle tricky if you need a 5 flat. You gotta go into the tail light and steal juice from the back up light to release your brakes.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

I have a 08 Highlander since April and we love it . I towed my bass boat to the Lake of the Ozarks. (20 ft boat 225 outboard) and had no problems at all. With all the hills we still got over 16mpg . Much better traveling in this than 4 people in an extended cab truck. The kids were still toooo close but thats another story. Great SUV. Dave

Wireing can be alittle tricky if you need a 5 flat. You gotta go into the tail light and steal juice from the back up light to release your brakes.

Wow that’s impressive! maybe I need to drive a bit easier with my rav… I only got 12 towing with my rav, and it has the same engine and trans.

BTW I installed my own wiring, and I just tapped the “T” connector for my 5th wire, works perfect.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Thats what I get for not posting a question here. I talked to 2 different Toyota teks and they had different fixes . One wanted to run a wire from the front and the other said he could do it but I would have to leave it. Yeah right .So I finally jumped in and did it myself. The wireing was there for a 4 plug flat and I had a kit to get the 5th so I just did it. The wire in the tail light are pretty fine so I was alittle nervous. I got my tester and found the hot wire while in reverse and spliced it in. As far as I know that was the only option.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have had the pleasure of riding in Dave’s Highlander, very nice ride.
    I still prefer my gas guzzling Z71 for pulling my boat

Dave G
    Rochester, MN

Steve,

You can probably guzzle a ton of gas in that Z71 for the price of a Highlander. Unless one is looking for a new ride, I doubt they could justify the price of a new vehicle just to save gas (especially if they don’t put many miles on it).

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Steve,
    You can probably guzzle a ton of gas in that Z71 for the price of a Highlander. Unless one is looking for a new ride, I doubt they could justify the price of a new vehicle just to save gas (especially if they don’t put many miles it).

Yup I agree with you 100 percent hopefully I will not have to replace my truck for a long time.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

The Local deer are enjoying the high protein soybeans

bigbuckdown
    WI

Deer are DEVOURING the beans in my plots. Due to some weed issues I had to till under about half after spraying with Roundup. Re-planting this week. Half of them will be late season (for the beans themselves) and the rest will be good until the first hard frost. New bucks starting to show up every week now. Going to be a good year gents!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.