Dust Bowls

• lick

Think I need to kill more turkeys they make dust bowls in my plot where nothing grows

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Unwanted food plot vultures, on my properties they are as dumb as rocks too! I good get my bird with a golf club! I had an 1/8 acre kill plot with over a dozen baths in it, set a cam up on the, 22 birds in one pic! I hate em! Almost half are the grey and white kind, someone please explain why I can’t shoot every last grey and white ones, no way they are good for the gene pool of wild turkeys!

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

I will come over and help out! Had a blast in my first spring turkey hunt last year, wouldn’t mind thinning out your flock as well!!!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Sorry Joel!! Butt I hate these vultures also! The dnr used to trap about 30 -90 birds each winter on my property Butt with the cutbacks they are not allowed to trap them any more so I have been seeing 20-60 birds a day in my plots I can’t even imagine how bad it will be in 5 years

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

I hear you Bob. My two favorite stands on our property are where they roost, you can’t imagine the noise they make in the evenings and mornings. The one bonus I have noticed a little bit is the deer seem a little more tolerant of a bit of noise because there are so many of those *^*&^ turkeys!

lick

Have shotgun will travel

Fall tags are cheap and I can buy 1 per day May have to do some population control Hens only of course

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

you are more than welcome to shoot some fall turkeys here in MN!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Any of you guys who need turkeys killed, I’M HERE!!!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Sorry Joel!! Butt I hate these vultures also! The dnr used to trap about 30 -90 birds each winter on my property Butt with the cutbacks they are not allowed to trap them any more so I have been seeing 20-60 birds a day in my plots I can’t even imagine how bad it will be in 5 years

No offense taken, as I feel the same way about the deer in spring-time when they continually cost me birds. I think the upside is that you guys are all doing such a good job with your properties, that it remains good habitat for deer and turkeys alike. Good problem to have, esp. if you like to turkey hunt.

Joel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.