I love the rain but……..

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I love the rain but, I went North this past weekend to get in 3 last Fall plots up there and they had gotten 4″ of rain a few days prior.

Needless to say I wasted the day trying but didn’t get anything accomplished except mineral licks and cams hung.

It will be a late plant up there August 21st, but hopefully something grows this Fall up there

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

I know northern Mn is a bit different than central Wisconsin but my fall plots won’t be planted until somewhere between Aug 20th and Sept 10th. I would think gettin’ them in before Sept up there would be enough to keep em’ going.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Rob, I Don’t know what you had planned on planting? If you were planning on brassicas I think that you would be better off saving that seed for next year. I would highly recommend winter wheat or oats that late in the fall in northern MN. I know all about the rain! I was at Brads lst weekend and almost got stuck several times Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I was dong a lil of everything including Clover, Chicory Rape, Turnips, Oats, & Wheat. I might be able to get up there Aug 15th after the GTG.

It all depends on the Frost. I have planted successfully up there mid August before. Sept 1st last year was too late.

Bobbs the Chicory and Clover should be fine correct???

lick

We haven’t had hardly squat for rain in the last week

Luckily heavy fog and heavy dew every morning have left some moisture

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Quote:

I was dong a lil of everything including Clover, Chicory Rape, Turnips, Oats, & Wheat. I might be able to get up there Aug 15th after the GTG.

It all depends on the Frost. I have planted successfully up there mid August before. Sept 1st last year was too late.

Bobbs the Chicory and Clover should be fine correct???

perfect timing for the clover and chicory

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Bobss!

Yes the Humidity has been leaving “some’ moisture on the plants during the morning.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.