2 week update of Black Gold

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Well I snapped some pics of one of my plots at 2 weeks and the BLACK GOLD is gone!

The first two pics are of my Evovled Habitats Shot Plot (Rape & Turnips). I might have went a lil to heavy on this application (too many seeds). Which is not good for the turnips. However, the plot looks good and thick.

The next 3 pics are of my Bio Logic Hot Spot seed. These are looking good with some very tall sprouts 10-12″ but a lil thinner with new sprouts still coming out. I can’t wait to see how this grows and the deer react. This is the first time planting this seed brand and type (Peas and Wheat mainly).

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Looks great, I can tell by the color of your soil that its got a lot more nutrients then the one I planted.

I am pretty much in straight sand that doesn’t hold water to well so hopefully we keep getting good rains.

shednut
    22 feet up

Looks good Rob! No shortage of organic matter in your soil Pretty nice growth for just two weeks….I haven’t even got around to planting my brassicas yet

abster71
    crawford county WI

Looking good Rob

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Very nice Rob!!! When I see succesfull plots like yours I Just Know exactly how you feel! You did a great job on these! Thanks for sharing these with us! I have a feeling we will be seeing alot more people from this forum getting the food plot bug because they have seen what can be done with a few hours of work.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks Guys, man I get a lot of enjoyment out of planting plots and watching them grow. Had two does and fawn in it just a few minutes ago (10:55) when I went to pull the cam sd card!

Yes that soil is rich of ingredients Scott. Very lucky in that regard!

lick

After seeing this plot 1st hand last summer it some of the most awesome soil I’ve ever seen

Looks great Rob

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.