Did Some Plots Today

• lick

Got some planted

Made it rain on them

Got some work out of Joel spreading the pelletized lime at least he didn’t break the bucket

The UPS guy didn’t get my Biologic Maximum seed here until after 5 tonite so I’ll have to seed those tomorrow Otherwise planted …

Evolved harvest Thro and grow (ryegrass mix)

Biologic Perfect Plot peas clovers and such mixed

Biologic Green patch Plus Ryegrass oats and wheat

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nice looking plots Gut! I just got my 1st Fall plot in today!

I’m hoping for the forecasted storms to hit tonight and tomorow am. Pics and story to come!

It is about time Joel gets off his and does something useful!

lick

I fought with mother nature last year and she didn’t cooperate with rain so now I make my own

2 plots to seed tomorrow and 2 more to do on Sunday then the countdown get serious

Rained north and south of us awhile ago About 6 drops here

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Nice job guys! I love this time of year! Like I have said before i like my spring plots but I love planting those fall kill plots Good luck on your plots!

todders
    Shoreview, MN

Looks like fun! How did you get water there? That would be a nice option to have at times.
    I saw an episode where the Drury bros. brought in a water truck Does a guy need somekind of option like that to help ensure a sucessful plot?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Does a guy need somekind of option like that to help ensure a sucessful plot?

No but it sure helps when the rain don’t come as promised.

The pic in Guts post shows a big water tank in the pick up. I’m guessing a gas pump hooked up to the tank with some hose and a sprinkler did the trick!

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Looks good Pat!! Can’t wiat to see the results of your labors!! What do you put down as a starter fert for your rape?

todders
    Shoreview, MN

I didn’t see that all the way in the corner, thought it might have been one of those “backyard” plots. I don’t think my 20 gallon sprayer will cut it, I spent to much this year, have to hope the old fashion method of watering will come through for me when needed

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I’m with ya!

C’mon rain

Don’t make me get out there and “do the dance”!

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Does a guy need somekind of option like that to help ensure a sucessful plot?

No but it sure helps when the rain don’t come as promised.

The pic in Guts post shows a big water tank in the pick up. I’m guessing a gas pump hooked up to the tank with some hose and a sprinkler did the trick!

You don’t have to have it but it sure is a nice option

lick

Quote:

Looks good Pat!! Can’t wiat to see the results of your labors!! What do you put down as a starter fert for your rape?

I tilled then pelletized lime then tilled again seeded and watered I normally wait a few weeks until it sprouts. Then on a nice rainy day hit it with 10-10-10 But you guys have me thinking more about what fertilizer to use

Sportland Bait

Hi Gut, Have you had success in the past with the Perfect Plot and Green Patch? I’m trying to figure out what to put in the ground. Thanks.

lick

Quote:

Hi Gut, Have you had success in the past with the Perfect Plot and Green Patch? I’m trying to figure out what to put in the ground. Thanks.

Both are new to me this year Sorry I can’t be of more help

lick

A few more pics

Nice work Cuddeback

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

But you guys have me thinking more about what fertilizer to use

Gut, it often says right on the bag of seed you use, what fertilizer to use!

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Biologic Maximum says to use Biologic PHfertilizer I was looking for numbers
    like 10-10-10 or 17-17-17

shednut
    22 feet up

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Biologic Maximum says to use Biologic PHfertilizer I was looking for numbers
    like 10-10-10 or 17-17-17

Gut,
    I don’t have my planting notes here but based off of memory my brassica blends have done really well with 120 lbs an ac of 20-20-20. I believe that most bag mixes suggest more than that but I’ve never felt or seen a need for more.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.