Roundup per acre of RR beans??

• whittsend

I know it was on here, just can’t remember which post it was in…

How much Glyphosate should I use per acre on my round up ready soy beans?

Weeds are becoming an issue……

Thanks!!!

hangartner
    fayette,iowa

2 qts. per acre. Soft water will make it work much better. [rainwater} is best

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

If your grasses are short. (under 6″)I quart per acre with a good surfactant, Will smoke your weeds in less than 10 days. If your weeds are 12″ or taller I would agree that 2 quarts per acre with surfactant would be your best choice.

whittsend

Weeds are tall, outcompeting the beans in some cases. 2 quarts it is!

Finding
    1)time
    2) time without wind and
    3) time without wind without rain nor dew
    hasn’t been easy. Hopefully this weekend!!

Thanks!

Mike

hangartner
    fayette,iowa

surfactants are overblown. I farm and use rr all the time, if you use rainwater nothing else is needed. 2qts will get the ones just under the surface, it will be and stay cleaner

whittsend

I assume that if you use too much Roundup, you could end up killing everything, including the beans. Am I correct?

Anyone know roughly what the “upper limit” or maximum Roundup tolerance is for RR beans?? (in quarts of Roundup per acre)

Just curious

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Soybeans will tolerate 2 quarts no problem. Where you live and how you apply your round up is a big factor. An atv sprayer using low pressure does a way better job when using roundup and a surfactant. also between southern and northern mn. I don’t use a surfactant in southern mn with good results. But in northern mn. I would have to double my mix rate to achieve the same results if I didn’t use a surfactant. When I use the tractor sprayer I only use 16oz per acre on soybeans but with the atv sprayer i have to jump to 32oz. Surfactant is cheap! why not use it as cheap insurance that you will improve your kill? “Use non-ionic surfactant”

lick

Lots of great info guys I have never used roundup but am very interested in learning more about it

hangartner
    fayette,iowa

if they are RR then no amount of Roundup will kill them, however if adding anything to it this mix, would not be the case [surfactant][crop oil] or liquid nitrogen.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.