Gun Control Bill introduced in MN

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

But will you be guilty of not having proper storage if your firearms are stolen?

This is just a means to make firearm ownership more complicated and difficult.

No, that’s not how I read it at least. Unlawful entry would not put you responsible because they broke into your house to steal it.

Tom schmitt

But if they weren’t locked up would they come after you?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    IDO now stands for In Depth Overrractions.

This isn’t a precursor to more regulation. It’s the only thing they’ll be able to get passed because even the elected democrats know their constituents don’t want anymore gun control.

This will touted as a huge win for the dems when in actuality it means nothing.

Bingo.

I think this incorrect and nieve bordering on moronic. Hope I am wrong.

Umy
    South Metro

We plan leaving when the missus retires. Taxing my social security too? There are far too many reasons to be annoyed with the leadership and direction this state is headed to reference here.
    It won’t matter to the leadership and after a decade or when we call ourselves Minnefornia maybe the light will turn on , albeit too late.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I agree it’s awful to have social security payments taxed. If Lindsay Graham and Jim Jordan and a handful of other Republicans get their way you won’t have a social security benefit to be taxed at all.

CaptainMusky

I agree it’s awful to have social security payments taxed. If Lindsay Graham and Jim Jordan and a handful of other Republicans get their way you won’t have a social security benefit to be taxed at all.

Which leftist talking poing number is this? It’s not true but go on.

Chris

Maybe the issue is just guns in general. )

stout93
    Becker MN

LOL

Citation needed.

Quit watching CNN..you look like fool..

Dan
    Southeast MN

Funny what you want sources for and what you don’t. It’s almost like it’s blatantly along partisan party lines.

Go look up what some Republicans have said recently about social security if you really care.

I’d be interested in having an adult dialog with anyone on anything. I think there’s major flaws with both parties, especially the extremes, that hurt the country and especially the middle class. Unfortunately that dialog isn’t going to happen with most people here when your first response is “quit watching CNN, you look like a fool. “

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If they were used in a violent crime, I don’t know. I would never just leave my guns sitting out in the open. They are worth way too much to me. Someone would have to pry open a gun safe to get mine after they broke into my house. And get past my dog.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

States that have no income tax are getting their money from somewhere. Whether it is higher property tax, sales tax or a different tax. There are no free rides, or I should say shouldn’t be any free rides. There are always ways some find to skirt around paying your fair share.

my day worked for the burlington northern RR in Waite Park, when they closed that shop he had the option to go to Dilworth or Nebraska. they looked at Nebraska…income taxes were less as well as other things, but they got you good if you had toys like boats, RV’S!!!!!he retired.

Tom schmitt

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tom schmitt wrote:</div>

If they were used in a violent crime, I don’t know. I would never just leave my guns sitting out in the open. They are worth way too much to me. Someone would have to pry open a gun safe to get mine after they broke into my house. And get past my dog.

Mine too but breaking into a gun safe realy only takes about 20 minutes.
    My guess is you would have to show that the theaves sawed your safe open.
    But some have nice pretty gun cabinets that won’t take long at all. In that case will they claim they aren’t secured?

Umy
    South Metro

All of this is academic as we don’t know their intentions.
    My biggest concern is, looking at how they treat the law abiding citizens in this country and are giving criminals free passes, having something “specific” in writing may NOT matter. Weird, uncharted waters. I thought this WOKE nonsense would settle down but after 2 years of this BS you gotta wonder….

big_g
    Isle, MN

Funny what you want sources for and what you don’t. It’s almost like it’s blatantly along partisan party lines.

Go look up what some Republicans have said recently about social security if you really care.

I’d be interested in having an adult dialog with anyone on anything. I think there’s major flaws with both parties, especially the extremes, that hurt the country and especially the middle class. Unfortunately that dialog isn’t going to happen with most people here when your first response is “quit watching CNN, you look like a fool. “

You do realize, those republicans have a novel idea… instead of the government (both sides) taking out your SS and poorly investing it and raiding it constantly.. they think maybe YOU would be more careful and responsible with your own money and will invest in yourself and your future ! I know a novel idea, letting people keep their monies and getting rid of a program that will be bankrupt in 2035.

CaptainMusky

You do realize, those republicans have a novel idea… instead of the government (both sides) taking out your SS and poorly investing it and raiding it constantly.. they think maybe YOU would be more careful and responsible with your own money and will invest in yourself and your future ! I know a novel idea, letting people keep their monies and getting rid of a program that will be bankrupt in 2035.

THEY dont want facts. The fact is there are more people pulling from SS than putting in right now so its not going to last. For those of you getting your SS now, you are welcome from all of us who are still paying to keep it funded be we likely wont have any left by the time its our turn. You paid your dues, unfortunately for some of us we wont get ours.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dan wrote:</div>

Evil Republicans! If anything, I wish we had the option to opt out.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Rural Minnesota is a great place to live and recreate but you definitely pay your share of taxes. The feel good, unenforceable gun legislation on top of it is just more BS. Even with the BS, we enjoy being in MN/WI and will keep ties to the area.

We’ve discussed our retirement plans to avoid as many surprises as possible. We will become residents of a different state for financial reasons when we hit retirement age (currently planning age 58). The other 5.5 months of the year we will spend in Minnesota still as we have family in WI/MN and enjoy the resources in the area. I hope by that age my children are responsible enough to manage land that we’ve invested in to create opportunities for their financial security while taking items off my to-do list.

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Gun Control Bill introduced in MN’ is closed to new replies.