Gull Lake – Labor Day Week

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Spending next week on Gull – first timer.

I have the challenging job of putting grandkids on fish.

Any suggestions for likely panfish (or northern) spots?

Kids will be heading back to school Tuesday so will have a few days to look for a few eyes as well.

Thanks.

Pete

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Deep weed edge should get action for the kids. Bobbers or pulling spinners behind bullet weights. Probably pick up some rock bass and/or largemouths too.

I don’t try the inside edge but that could be worth checking out.

If you find the eyes, let me know. Haven’t been out since June but planning to give it a shot on the north end.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Pat,

Thanks for the info.
    Weather looks a bit iffy.
    We’re staying at Causeway on the north end so may have to stay “close to home” if storms are in the area.

Pete

patk
    Nisswa, MN

PM send with a couple spots. Please don’t curse all the water skiers if you’re at one of them. We’ve been known to run skiers over that way devil

rschmidty

In the early morning or evening Gull Lake can be a great topwater/buzz bait bite this time of year. The flats near reed beds on Wilson bay are good places to start. A decent place to look for panfish too.

Also, if you take the channel to Upper Gull, there are some great reed beds that drop off quickly to deeper water where some decent sized pike seem to gravitate. My brother and I were throwing buzz baits on Upper Gull on these spots going for bass since we are addicted to topwater action and we caught way more pike than bass with the biggest being 38 inches.

Good luck.

Mark Pothen
    Mounds View, Mn

We are going up there and staying at Sandy Beach Resort 9/13-9/20.

If you want Eyes check out the weedlines on both sides of Sandy beach resort. The Bra area

ANd some of the areas marked for Rocks.

Not sure if it would be too early for redtails. But it seems like they work most anytime of the year. “Reverse Rig” them on a 7 ft snell.

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for the info. While the TC’s were getting soaked, we had a pretty good week, only one drizzly day and a few evening thunderstorms. Found some great sunny spots on Roy Lake – beyond North Gull.

Aggressive bite and lots of fun for the kids.

Pete

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.