Gull Lake – Brainerd

• travis mccolley

Heading up with some buddies to hit Gull this weekend (arriving Thursday)

We are staying down on squaw point, and I was wondering if any one had information on the bite and ice conditions.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Be very careful!!!! From where you are stop in at S&W Bait to see what they say about conditions.

Buddy was on a shoreline break in Booming Out bay this weekend. He had 6 inches but that is NOT representative of the whole lake. Other areas had only recently froze and you could see that water was seeping through cracks. His thought was many places were very dangerous yet.

He got a couple walleyes right at sunset with one keeper. Not bad for the first time out and only putting a small amount of effort into it.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

@travis Please post up what you find. I’ve got a dozen people coming up for the Jaycees on the 23rd. Personally I can’t see the tourney happening on schedule but don’t have reliable numbers to back that up. Everyone in my group is asking what I think will happen.

Jake
    Brainerd

Should make some real good ice with the temps this weekend and into next week.

Nick Miltimore
    Brainerd Minnesota

Ice conditions vary on Gull right now. Anything from 3-7 inches is what we are finding. There are some cracks with water pushing up in spots and some areas with slush. Hopefully the cold snap coming will freeze things up good. Most of the lake is not being fished currently because of the ice conditions. I’m going to be out there tomorrow morning chasing walleyes. Other area lakes have better ice conditions if you need to switch lakes.

Good Luck,

Nick Miltimore
    Walleyedan’s Guide Service
    218-232-7277

patk
    Nisswa, MN

@Nick Miltimore Good to see you on the forum again. I was just wondering if you would be back on this winter. Looking forward to sharing reports waytogo

Nick Miltimore
    Brainerd Minnesota

Hep Pat, Yep I am back! I’ll try to keep reports up but if you have any questions shoot me a message. waytogo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.