Gull Lake (5/30-5/31)- Slow or is it just me

• patk
    Nisswa, MN

From time to time I like to post up how I did on the prior weekend. Hoping to help others king of thing. At the rate I’m going lately I’m either going to scare everyone away or maybe it’s just me not figuring this lake out.

Here goes my update:

Updated a prior post with my results from Memorial day weekend, not good at all. Talked to quite a few other boats and same story from everyone. Some of the guys had 10+ years on the lake and seemed like they knew what they were doing.

On to the last couple of days:
    Saturday 5/30

Conditions: clear skies transition to a full moon. Wind North, Northeast 15 tapering to 5

Time: 8pm-11pm

Catch: 2 small pike and a consistent rock bass bite in the last hour on minnows

Techniques: Live bait only. Had some friends up that don’t like to cast or troll cranks. Were running leeches, rainbows, and golden shiners

Structure: Mostly the top of the break around 12fow and then swinging out to the bottom around 30. Did some work over the top of flats in 5-7fow as a change of pace. Weeds just high enough to notice but still very fishable. Speed variable .4-.9mph

Notes – weren’t graphing anything over 16fow which was a change from the prior week

Sunday 5/31
    Conditions: Overcast with wind from the east/se 10mph

Time: 10am-2pm

Catch: 1 dink walleye, no other bites

Techniques: Live bait only on rigs. Were running leeches, rainbows, and golden shiners

Structure: Same as the day before with a couple changes. Tries the upwind and points of a couple main lake bars. Mostly tried 14fow or less. Did catch our one at 22fow on a very small point on the bottom of the shoreline break.

Notes – Water temp is actually less than a week ago by a degree or so. Almost zero boat traffic on the north end of the lake. Very, very low for a Sunday. Didn’t have a chance to talk to others to see how they were doing.

Might be back up this weekend but definitely back in two to give it another go.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.