Gruv Box

• Dan Baker

Hey All,
    I have been looking at these boxes since last year waiting to pull the trigger. Do any of you have any experience with them, good or bad that could help me decide. I’m mostly interested in the Jig box to replace my Clam jig box. I like the organization of the Clam box, but the foam wears out and no longer holds the jigs securely.

Home

Thanks,
    Dan

Fishtrekker
    Land of 10,000 Lakes

Another inquiring mind here as well, more specifically how they hold up in the cold as I will usually have a box or two in my front thigh pockets on my bibs. Just want to make sure the plastic will hold up to the abuse and cold and not crack like some of my bigger plano boxes have in the past.

Justin Radel

I bought these last season and they worked really well. Kept them in the sled and they were put through all sorts of abuse. They have held great and the lures stay put. I got them off of Amazon fairly cheap if I remember. They also have a small version to put in your thigh pocket. They are called Kingfusher fly boxes.

Attachments:
    1. 20181031_080059.jpg

tucrs
    NW Metro

Those Gruv boxes are nice. I really like mine for tungsten. They are similar to Nubbytack fly boxes. They have silicone insides. I think they are pretty much the best for holding the small tungstens.

tradersbayrookie

Hey Justin, Ever catch anything on these bad boys?

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20181031-092611_Gallery.jpg

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

That is probably one of the funnier things I’ve seen on here ever.
    applause applause BRAVO to you sir!!!

Justin Radel

Hey Justin, Ever catch anything on these bad boys?

just got them this year as a joke turned out they have a curve to them and nice weight. Put them in the box and actually gonna try them. I got them off of Wish.com

tradersbayrookie

Sorry, Justin. just busting balls (pun 100% intended). I have actually seen those jigs on other sites, and always chuckled. I want a full report once you get a chance to put them down the, ah… hole.

To the OP I use a rose creek polar box for all my tungsten and smaller jigs. Not really Ideal for spoons or raps, but I like the rigid rubber stuff vs foam.

https://customjigs.com/products/rose-creek-polar-boxes.html

thaddeus
    St. Cloud, MN

John @ TUCR turned me on to them last season and I’m sold. Best boxes I’ve used for tungsten.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Are you guys using the Micro Jig Box or the Big Jig Box?

I’m wondering if the slits on the Big Jig Box are tight enough to tiny ice fishing jigs.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Micro jig boxes I have two and my kid has one. I have been trying to pack light now.

thaddeus
    St. Cloud, MN

Go with the Micro box

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Tacky fly boxhttps://tackyflyfishing.com/products/

The original Tacky Fly box by tacky fly fishing.
    this fly box looks intriguing. Also has a silicone slit pad. I like the idea of latch-less magnetic closer system. My other fly boxes like the rose creek the latches break and I didn’t have good luck with slits holding the jigs very well.

Lunds fly shop in river falls website says they have them so if i get a chance I will swing by to check them out.

What’s the Tacky Fly Box all about
    Patent Pending Slit Silicone storage system anchors the flies unlike anything else
    Holds flies tighter
    Withstands extemes in temperatures
    Light blue color for high contrast
    Light, sleek, yet extremely durable polycarbonate box
    Clear lid for visible access to flies
    Off-set slit design comfortably holds 168 flies
    Latch-less magnetic closure system
    Long lasting strength
    Durability tested

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Curious if anyone has tried the bigger box for larger jigging raps?

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Tacky fly boxhttps://tackyflyfishing.com/products/

The original Tacky Fly box by tacky fly fishing.
    this fly box looks intriguing. Also has a silicone slit pad. I like the idea of latch-less magnetic closer system. My other fly boxes like the rose creek the latches break and I didn’t have good luck with slits holding the jigs very well.

Lunds fly shop in river falls website says they have them so if i get a chance I will swing by to check them out.

I went to Lund’s to check these out. Nice but I couldn’t justify the price, especially after I saw these Gamakatsu boxes. Jigs on one side –

[/url]free photo host[/url]
    [/url]

Small soft plastic replacements on the other –

[/url]

Best part – $10, but one get one free.

The slots on the back side will hold the little tubes that “Jig in a Tube” come in. I plan on putting my plastics in the tubes and the tubes in the box.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.