Grizzly Stik

• poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Any one tried/use(d) these? They definitely don’t give them away, but are very intriguing for me as going heavier is #1 on my list when I change up my arrows. Given I’m down one more arrow after Sunday I started browsing around again and came across them. Their broadheads are interesting too, some of the weights are insane compared to the modern ‘speed freak’ type setups. It’s pretty rare that I have a bow stand set up with lanes longer than 25 yards so giving up some speed for more mass won’t bother me any.
    Shooting a 70lb Mathews DXT (best bow Mathews ever made I think) and C/E maxima hunter 350’s with 125gr montecs currently. No intention to change the bow, but arrow quantity is dwindling and are getting pretty aged(been using the same dozen arrows I got when I bought bow 10 years ago next year).

Jeff Schomaker

At that poundage and setup you should get a complete pass thru every time. Only thing I would consider changing would maybe be the broadhead. Maybe go from the cut on contact to a more chisel point. But if you’re set on getting new arrows I wouldn’t go any heavier than Easton FMJ’s. I shoot the regular Axis arrows now and have had complete pass thrus every time with an expandable out to 50 yards. That’s just my opinion though

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I agree, with proper shot placement pass through shouldnt be an issue currently, I hit one right in the boiler in 2011 with complete pass. The heavier arrow started entering my mind in 2015 when I screwed up a spine shot a buck. Put a finishing shot to him and with his front legs flailing around shot went through the shoulder blade. Broadhead made it to the heart, but barely. Mostly just want the added mass as a confidence factor, even if it’s just in my head.

Jeff Schomaker

I used to shoot that same broadhead and it definitely didn’t like hitting bone. Try a slick trick or muzzy trocar and I think you’d be much happier. But again if you’re looking for a heavier arrow my pick all day every day would be the Easton FMJ.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I used to shoot that same broadhead and it definitely didn’t like hitting bone. Try a slick trick or muzzy trocar and I think you’d be much happier. But again if you’re looking for a heavier arrow my pick all day every day would be the Easton FMJ.

I was eyeballing those last night. Any bending issues with them or does that carbon core make them act must like a carbon in that regard? That’s what originally pushed me away from aluminum and I’ve liked the peace of mond that a carbon is either just fine or its broke.

Jeff Schomaker

I’ve never had an issue with them. My dad is shooting my left over ones now that are probably 8-9 years old and still shoot great. And the good thing with shooting a heavier arrow it is easier to get broadheads, especially fixed blades, to group well. If you want a pure carbon the regular Axis arrow is just slightly lighter than the FMJ.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I’ve never had an issue with them. My dad is shooting my left over ones now that are probably 8-9 years old and still shoot great. And the good thing with shooting a heavier arrow it is easier to get broadheads, especially fixed blades, to group well. If you want a pure carbon the regular Axis arrow is just slightly lighter than the FMJ.

Thanks, will have to give them a look over winter, I’m sure a shop somewhere around me will have some in that I can test shoot to see what I like best.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.