Green Lake Report

• Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I have family up from Nebraska this weekend and I usually get them on the river for walleye in mid summer. With the high water I’m not going to venture out there with them.

They’ll be staying on Green at my parents place. Anyone gotten on a night bite for walleyes in Green or around the area? I have a couple spots we can try but usually it’s more early fall and I don’t fish these lakes for walleye in the summer.

No spots needed or wanted. Just a thumbs up if anyone has any luck. Otherwise, we’ll target pike and bass and still have a good time.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Matt I’ve only been on Green for bass in the last couple weeks. But I did see a few boats trolling and said they had some success. Seemed to be trolling deeper weed edges.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Thanks Mahto – that’ll probably be the plan. We’ll try trolling cranks and spinners along the deep weeds and then maybe throw some slip bobbers in a couple of spots. It’s not a great walleye lake in the summer but they are in there if you can find them.

Some nice bass, too! My folks live on the south side of the lake, just west of the boat launch. The docs and weed flats along that stretch have yielded some nice bass for me over the years.

watisituya
    North Metro

I was out there Monday night 7/2. Fished from 1030pm to 2am. Wind was just too strong/annoying to stay out on the point so we fished the south end of the main lake. 15′ worked well for us. We ended up just anchoring and bouncing jigs on the bottom. caught a handful of fish just shy of 17″ Fathead and leaches seemed to perform the same with leeches attracting more nuisance fish.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Going to give it a try tonight. I’ll post a report tomorrow.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Did ok last night. Caught one really nice fish and a few shorts. 14 to 17 feet on the backsides of weeds. We ended trolling cranks as we couldn’t keep the little crappies and bluegills off any live bait.

Wanted to pull spinners along the north shoreline but the wind was too much. Also picked up a few decent bass which was a bonus for my brother and sister in law.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Temps should start coming down so I plan to get on Green for a night bite in the next few weeks. Bite seems to get pickup as the water gets into the 50’s but I think they should start moving shallow at night soon. If anyone else gets out let me know.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Temps should start coming down so I plan to get on Green for a night bite in the next few weeks. Bite seems to get pickup as the water gets into the 50’s but I think they should start moving shallow at night soon. If anyone else gets out let me know.

Let me know when you go out maybe I’ll swing out. The bite on chisago has picked up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.