Green Bay Trolling?

• BRANDON RINGWOLSKI

Hi all,

Just wondering for those who troll Green Bay alot, what are your favorite crank baits?

Just picked up my first boat and plan to do some trolling here this year. From all of my research and reading it seem flicker shad 5 & 7 as well as flicker minnow 7 & 9 seem to be what I read alot. Any others i should be looking to pick up? Reef runners, bandits, husky, smithwick p10s?

I will be fishing the west shore, mostly Oconto as we have a cabin near by.

Also are these just long lined to get to depth are you running snap weights?

Thanks for all of your input. I appreciate any help I can get.

mojogunter

I was there last weekend and the bite is off is an understatement. No walleyes on a crankbait for us. Tried scatter husky jerks, scatter tail dancers, tail dancers, flicker minnows, flicker shads, husky jerks, shad raps, and hornets. There may may been a few more, but that is what I tried. The walleyes I did get were on a crawler spinner rig in 12-16′ of water. I used long line and snap weights for the crank baits. I didn’t bring leadcore with on this trip. I tried as deep as 25′. We just got white bass and sheepshead deeper than 16′

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Thought this was going to be an apology thread whistling

buck-slayer

We usually use crawler harnesses. Buddy is there now. Haven’t heard from him yet.

the_hat
    SE Metro

Sounds like the lower bay is full of alewives currently and the bite is non-existent. If you were to try I would get some baits that were similar in color but slightly larger and see if you can get some action. As the water warms alewives should move out to main lake and the fish will migrate north. July and August are great months and you can catch them multiple ways.

BRANDON RINGWOLSKI

Thanks for the replies. I ended up hiring a guide to lessen the learning curve a touch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.