GOT ICE…

• mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Most of the smaller lakes in the area are froze over Sugar, Pokegama, Deer and Trout are still wide open. I heard that Cass Lake is froze over and few guys I know headed up to Red Lake this weekend but I haven’t heard their report yet. If the temperatures stay cold as they are supposed many of the smaller lakes should have 4 to 6 solid inches by the weekend. I did some driving around again today and few bays on Pokegama have some ice.

I am hoping to get out Wednesday evening on a smaller lake for some earlier ice ‘eye action. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to take down the big buck I have been chasing and catch a few limits of ‘eyes, might even try for a few mid day crappies as they say the temps will be in the 30’s…SEARCH and DESTROY mission accepted.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The nephew and I should take a trip up there this weekend and get our ice on. He still needs to haul and store the boat up there. The perfect excuse!

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Mike –

You are living the dream….

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Saw a guy out on a little crappie lake near town on my way to hockey practice, lucky guy thought about telling my daughter fishing was more important and joining the guy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.