Area Report

• mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Here’s the quick skinny for the Grand Rapids area

Walleyes, walleyes and more walleyes. I haven’t had time to get out much with my daughter and her hockey season but everyone else continues to rub it in my face as they are slaying the ‘eyes.

Pretty much everyone I know is heading up to Cut Foot and Winnie and catching fish on Jigs N Minnows. Cut Foot is producing limits of walleyes.

Pokegama the walleyes are biting on jigs and minnows in 12 to 18 feet water off shoreline points and breaks. The crappies are biting in 6 to 15 water in most of the same spots as the walleyes so you can come of the lake with a pretty nice mixed bag.

Trout Lake is kicking out walleyes in 8 to 18 FOW.

I hope to have some pictures as I will finally have a chance to get out this weekend as hockey practices seem to favor around my schedule for once.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Is there going to be enough ice (or any) on the smaller lakes up there to fish the weekend after Thanksgiving?

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Define the smaller lakes and what species you are looking to fish? I know that Moose Lake is a favorite of many people to get out for some early ice walleyes and possibly Splithand, and Wabana, there maybe a few smaller area lakes for some nice panfish that should be froze over. Hopefully one of my well kept secret hidden gem bays will be froze over again this year for some early ice ‘eyes. Most of the bigger bodies of water I fish won’t freeze over till probably second week in December. Depending on the weather you just never know, Last year we were in the boat during Thanksgiving on Pokegama and the lake didn’t fully freeze over until mid January. Hopefully, going to get out this week on Poke.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

As of this moment I will say no. When I left GR on Monday the lake was wide open. Out here in Fargo they are talking about temps in the mid to high 50’s by thanksgiving.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Doesn’t look good for next weekend, but it does the weekend after.

Accuweather

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.