Grand Champion Meats in Foley – Venison Processing ?

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Has anyone here used Grand Champion Meats in Foley to have Venison products made? I’ve got about 35 Lbs. of trimmings I want to take and have summer sausage and possibly some Sticks made. Looks like they have a ton of offerings. Thinking of trying the Tangy and Garlic summer Sausage and possibly some of the pepperjack sticks. Just curious if others have used them and what products your have tried.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve used them for 20 years. They are really good and I highly recommend them. Even a couple warm years when they were at “max capacity” when they couldn’t take on any more deer, they made room for my deer because I was a loyal returning customer.

In addition to the prime cuts (steaks, chops, loins), I get some of the pepperjack sticks, garlic flavored summer sausage, and hamburger mixed with pork blend. My parents usually get some regular flavor polish sausages made too, but I am personally not a fan of them. They do have a lot of flavoring offered for customization.

I could spend so much money in that place. They just built a new retail store off the corner of 23 and 25.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Between Grand Champions, Thielen’s and McDonalds, there are some good choices in Central Mn. waytogo

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Between Grand Champions, Thielen’s and McDonalds, there are some good choices in Central Mn. waytogo

x2!!! And don’t forget St. Joe Meat Market. I’m loyal to Thielen’s but have had stuff from all of them, and they are all good imo.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

x2!!! And don’t forget St. Joe Meat Market. I’m loyal to Thielen’s but have had stuff from all of them, and they are all good imo.

Do you use the Thielens in Little Falls or the one in Pierz? I hear nothing but great things about the Pierz location. Seems like lots of mixed reviews on the Little falls Location. I give the little falls location a fair amount of business whenever I pass through the area ( Often )
    I also really like the St Joseph meat market. Buy a ton of Jerkey meat from them.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Do you use the Thielens in Little Falls or the one in Pierz?

I use both, Little Falls is open Sunday’s so they get our business on the way back from the cabin. Pierz for most other times, including deer processing. Personally I don’t think there is a difference, but some people (my mom included) thinks the Pierz location has a better smoke due to its age. Little Falls has been open since 1990, so I think that’s a bit of a stretch… jester

CaptainMusky

The only thing I dont like about St Joe is the casing they use for brats. You cannot bite through it.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If you get near Isle, the old Dari Vi is now Smokin’ Mortars.. excellent jerky also. Heard they have a smoked mac’n’cheese that is da bomb too.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

man ya’all are forget Plantenbergs in Richmond!!!!!!!!! there is no better weiner, pepper stick or SS then from there!!!!!!!!! waytogo

big_g
    Isle, MN

man ya’all are forget Plantenbergs in Richmond!!!!!!!!! there is no better weiner, pepper stick or SS then from there!!!!!!!!! waytogo

Growing up I was the lead (only) stock boy at Plantenberg’s Grocery/Butchershop in Eden Valley.. every thursday night I made a run to Richmond to pick up about 50-100 lbs of weiners for the weekend to sell at our store, (we couldn’t make them that good) depending on the season. Nothing better than a Plantenberg hotdog… that snap… oh that snap ! (if you know, you know) toast

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Yep. Hard to beat Plantenbergs as well. I have never had game processed there. Know several friends who get a 1/2 of beef several times a year from them. I may have to check them out for game processing in the future

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.