Grand Bend, Ontario – St. Clair, Huron, Erie question

• mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

My wife and I are debating about going to a wedding in Grand Bend, Ontario (kind of between Detroit and Toronto it looks like) in early July. I do not want to go but just started thinking, what about the fishing opportunities out there? It might be enough to convince me to go if I can fish for a day. The resort for the wedding is right on Lake Huron, but mentions nothing about fishing. I can’t seem to find much for fishing guides in the area either. It doesn’t look like Lake Huron is great fishing? Lake St. Clair and the Canadian side of Lake Erie look to be within a couple hours drive too. Anybody know anything about fishing in this area? Looks like St. Clair is a world class musky lake? I’ve never Musky fished but have always wanted to give it a try.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

incredible smallie factory. I prefer Erie over st. Clair, but wind direction dictates a lot

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

Thanks for the links guys, I’m hoping we skip the wedding and stay local to spend 4th of July weekend on our MN waters. But in case we do go, I’m glad there are some options out there for me to look into now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.