Lakemaster GPS Chips & Lowrance / Eagle for 2010

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

There’s been lots of additions to the Lakemaster product line and the mapping industry as a whole will be phasing in a switch from SD cards to Micro SD cards.

I posted this overview. It is a long read but the info should prove useful, particularly as we move closer to open water and everyone starts to ramp up for another season out in the boat.

>>> Lakemaster Map Chips & the Transition to Micro SD

fishbizbob

James,

Great post. Lots of info. 1 question I have, if I’m wanting to get a new handheld, should I get a H20C before they are gone or would it be better to wait until the newer model (once upgraded this spring) is available? Main use will be ice fishing but some open water as well.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James,

Great post. Lots of info. 1 question I have, if I’m wanting to get a new handheld, should I get a H20C before they are gone or would it be better to wait until the newer model (once upgraded this spring) is available? Main use will be ice fishing but some open water as well.

If you can find an H2Oc (supplies were dwindling FAST) they had been selling for as low as $160. Can’t beat that with a stick! I know the top two models in the Endura line come in at $350 and $499 respectively. The H2Oc is a proven unit and initial reviews on the Enduras (they’ve actually been out since last fall I believe) show that there’s some bugs to be worked out yet. And any Lakemaster chip you buy now through May 31 would qualify for the Endura upgrade down the road should you end up wanting to make that jump.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

1 question I have, if I’m wanting to get a new handheld, should I get a H20C before they are gone or would it be better to wait until the newer model (once upgraded this spring) is available? Main use will be ice fishing but some open water as well.

Bob, The touchscreen feature on the new units is pretty slick. If you like the idea of having the touchscreen, they have a very reasonably priced option, the Endura Outback for $199 shipped free.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.