Lake Master Chip ???

• craigrbox
    Bloomington, MN

Took the boat out on Prior this weekend to teach the wife how to drive and have her get use to the boat and when I turned on my HB 899ci the chip showed no data for contour which is a problem on prior with all the rock piles, needless to say we hit a rock pile that wasn’t marked and kind of scary with a boat that had only 3.5 hours on it. We had been planning to spend a fair amount of time on Prior this summer but if I can’t get contours and lake info I am tempted to skip it. Do I need to look for an update (the unit is 6wks old) or is there just no info for this lake. I was on Tonka on Friday and had all the contours available.

KirtH
    Lakeville

They are on Navionics go to the Web App and preview the lakes. Click on the Sonar Icon on the lower left for SonarCharts high def layer. Platinum Hotmaps is a great choice for MN
    http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

It was on the MN V4 chip as HD lake

listed as lower prior, scott county

upper prior, scott county

I see it listed as same on V5 chip

It should have picked it up automatically

unless you set another lake as home

default startup lake

or something like that

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

they are listed as Upper Prior and Lower Prior on the list. Be sure you go to your GPS menu and choose to see the data from your Lakemaster Chip.

moccasinboy2003

Yes, Upper and Lower Prior are on the LakeMaster card in High Def. 1ft contours, and have been for several years. That map should have popped up showing your location when you powered up. Something’s wrong with your set up. Call HB customer service at 800-633-1468
    Steve
    LakeMaster

monticatgeek
    Monticello, MN

Quote:

Took the boat out on Prior this weekend to teach the wife how to drive and have her get use to the boat and when I turned on my HB 899ci the chip showed no data for contour which is a problem on prior with all the rock piles, needless to say we hit a rock pile that wasn’t marked and kind of scary with a boat that had only 3.5 hours on it. We had been planning to spend a fair amount of time on Prior this summer but if I can’t get contours and lake info I am tempted to skip it. Do I need to look for an update (the unit is 6wks old) or is there just no info for this lake. I was on Tonka on Friday and had all the contours available.

did you check that the card was fully installed in the card slot. I have the same unit and chip and noticed the card can be hard to get in all the way. it looks like it is in then you put the cover and the chip pops back out. another thing to check is the GPS menu where it shows the satellites the unit is using. it will list the card as something like “Lk Master MN” if it is reading it.

castle-rock-clown

What slot, left or right is the chip in. Menu let’s you choose right , left or automatic. If map card is in right and memory card is in left, choose right. If map card is only card in unit then setting the unit to auto select should recognize the card. Also if linked to another head make sure the head and card slot with the map chip are designated as primary.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.