Lakemaster Auto chart

• to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Is anyone else as excited as I am to see the Lakemaster Auto Chart come out? I’ve been accused of going overboard with accessory purchases (nice graph’s, side imaging, I-pilot link, etc) and that’s probably partially true…..but…..I really think if the Auto Chart works as well as I’m hoping, it could easily be the most powerful tool in my “accessory” toolbox. I fish a number of lakes with very poor mapping, and some man-made impoundments that have enough current where they change quite a bit over a few years time. If I could go and map the ACTUAL lake contour, I think that could make everything I do so much more productive. I can see benefits from more accurately positioning on structure for spot lock and pitching, as well as trolling “real” contour lines and keeping the bait in the target zone better.

My parent’s home lake in northern MN has some really nice eye’s and I get so frustrated because the LM map is so bad and I spend way too much time fishing unproductive water by not being able to follow the breaks when trolling. They better watch out this summer !

Anyone have any clue what this new Auto Chart will sell for?

inskom

ME!

I’ve been giddy since they annouced the product last July! I can’t wait to use it in Canada since the lake we fish isn’t mapped at all! Can’t wait!

Basic will retail for $200, pro version for $250.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I have a half dozen on order and will get them as soon as they are produced. I dont think it will be a whole lot longer before we see them!!!!!

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Quote:

I have a half dozen on order and will get them as soon as they are produced. I dont think it will be a whole lot longer before we see them!!!!!

Eric- Can I get my name on one of those you have ordered?

bls1984
    wells,mi

seen it on cabelas for 200, backorderable. can the maps you create be put back on the chip? or is it just viewable on a PC?

inskom

Yeah, I saw that you could backorder it at Bass Pro Shops also. So they must be getting fairly close to a release date sometime this spring.

The maps get exported from your PC, back onto the chip. You basically create your own lakemaster chip by doing the survey yourself. Then you have the PC software do its thing, and put the map onto the card.

Then, you plug the chip into your depthfinder and look at your lake map just like you would a lakemaster or navionics chip.

castle-rock-clown

What hbird units are comparable with the auto chart and auto chart pro. I can’t find it on their site. Bottom line is will the autochart pro work with my new hbird 999 HD SI combo. Thanks.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

So what i really want to know is:

Can you be running your 2014 lakemaster chip and have viewable GPS Chart of that chip, while recording on the autochart?

2nd Question,

After i scan a bunch of lake bottom, can that information be loaded onto my 2014 lakemaster card, or can i only view the scanned information from autocharts by selecting the autocharts card in the Bird?

Would be nice to be able to improve the already HD maps with autocharts or even the non HD maps with autocharts. I’d have a hard time loading a blank lake map and boating around a bunch of reefs and shallow structure blind while i record on autocharts.

Couldn’t find answers on lakemaster. Maybe one of you know.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

BTW i think i want one just for the minnesota river. Dang it will be cool to have a map of that river!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.