GPS maps

• eriksat1
    NW Wisconsin

What is the general opinion on what maps are better for a gps in WI. Lakemaster or Navionics? The Humminbird gps I am looking at can take both.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

If you’re buying a Bird, why not go with the Map Chip designed with the extra features available on the birds?
    I don’t and haven’t used navionics, but love my Bird with a Lakemaster

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

I don’t have much experience with Navionics, but with what experience I’ve had I say Lakemaster, hands down for detail and accuracy. If you fish multiple states it will cost more but in my mind its still worth it.

Plus if you ever wanted to get a TM that runs I-pilot link (or already have and just need the link part), you’ll already have the other required parts (assuming your getting a bird that is compatible and get the version 4 chips).

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I’ve used both Navionics and Lake Master and it somewhat depends on which lake or river you fishing.
    But overall, I would choose Lake Master over Navionics.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Check on line for each chip company to see which one maps the lakes you fish most often. I tend to use both equally as some lakes I fish are mapped on one and not the other. If they are mapped on lakemaster go with that over navionics though. They pair better with Hbirds technology!

KirtH
    Lakeville

Do this you know the lakes you fish and might fish you can go to the Navionics Web App http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp and preview the lakes when you zoom in click on the SONAR ICON on the lower left for the Fishing layer. If these lakes are off you can make even better maps with the most current and up to date via logging sonar and uploading them to Navionics and they will then improve them thru SonarCharts you then download these updates via Freshest Data. Hard to be more up to date then yesterdays data. Easy to log sonar pop in a blank chip hit record and upload to Navionics.

I have done a number of lakes some where spot on some where better. So check out Hotmaps Platinum and Nav+ for Sonar Charts, 1 year of free unlimited updates so your chip is never outdated and you can renew after 1 year for 50% of retail

Example below

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.