Got my first buck of the year

• stevenoak

Only cost $6500.00. Picture didn’t go first try. 1 or 2 1/2-year-old buck small rack, about 100#. Farmers in my part of the world with high crop prices have removed fences from roadsides and planted into the right-a-way. Corn was about 15′ from the road and the ditch unmowed. He ran headfirst into the headlight. Never broke the grille. But remanufactured Budweiser can for a fender and hood didn’t fare well. Never saw him till I walked back and found him. Had to call County sheriff to dispatch him. He would have been a good salvage deer, hitting headfirst. But I wasn’t in the mood. Sheriff had someone in mind for him.

Attachments:
    1. 20221009_0949509095.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Wow. That’s a damaging strike considering the angle. Looks almost as bad as my head on with one.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Enjoy the new hood ornament

stevenoak

OOps, I hit submit when I went to choose file, been one of those weeks.

Coletrain27

Since it’s the farmers fault is the farmer going to pay your deductible for you?

Farmers fault… hah

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Two deer have hit my moving truck in the last year.

After seeing your photo, I’m ashamed to say $0 damage from either one.
    Knock on wood…

robby
    Quad Cities

Ouch! I hope everyone is ok.

stevenoak

The corn wasn’t an issue, THIS TIME as he ran into the side of the truck, and I never saw him. I actually thought I hit a coon or something. More noise than felt much. Got out thinking maybe some plastic hanging off the bumper. Then I saw the damage, holy crap. Id’ hoped for internal injuries would let him die as his back was obviously broken. Back legs didn’t work, but fronts were fighting to get up. When he didn’t after 10 minutes. Called County Sheriff to help him with his dirt nap. 2 days later was reading a magazine a buddy gave me. Apparently, I had a 1 in 137 chance of hitting a deer this year in my area. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

. 1 or 2 1/2-year-old buck small rack, about 100#.

It would help everyone if you could practice a little QDM and refrain from harvesting those immature bucks. Let them go so they grow.

But seriously. Any deer collision you drive away from is mission accomplished. People swerving into the ditch, rollovers, deer coming through windshield, lots of worse things than a busted fender happen. Glad you’re okay.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.