Gophers win!!!

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Smoke & Mirrors will be kicking off at TCF soon vs Iowa. It should be a easy home win against a terrible Iowa team tonight.

Another Friday night game.

tim hurley

You have ‘easy’ and Gophers in the same post! 2 years ago we took every trophy in the B10 except that pig-even took the axe. Would LOOOOOOOve to get this win, I do not care how ‘easy’ this years Iowa team is.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The game is on FS1.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

How do I edit the title to say “Gophers lose”.

14-0 after 3 quarters and the rodents look horrible. Geez, they lose to Iowa and they might not win another game this year. doah

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

28-0 1/2 way through the 4th. They are getting thumped.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

35-0

Seems Friday the 13th isn’t PJ’s day. coffee

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

And to think I was optimistic about this team. Yikes. That maroon kool-aid was a little strong for me I guess

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

How do I edit the title to say “Gophers lose”.

14-0 after 3 quarters and the rodents look horrible. Geez, they lose to Iowa and they might not win another game this year. doah

Dutchy I have a BIL from Iowa and 2 weeks ago he claimed the Hawkeyes would not win another game.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Keep rowing……I’m sorry anyone actually wasted their precious time watching pee wee football. Just stop posting about these losers, there is enough negativity in the state and country these days.
    I might have to get the boat out of storage if the ice don’t get here soon

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I got flak for my prediction they would struggle to win 4 this year. And looking at the schedule, it was hard to see how they’d do it without really stealing one from a much better team. Well…

And btw we had the game on the radio at deer camp. Why does Duluth radio carry the Homer Hawkeye announcers and broadcast feed? Gawd that was painful.

Grouse

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I got flak for my prediction they would struggle to win 4 this year. And looking at the schedule, it was hard to see how they’d do it without really stealing one from a much better team. Well…

And btw we had the game on the radio at deer camp. Why does Duluth radio carry the Homer Hawkeye announcers and broadcast feed? Gawd that was painful.

Grouse

Just be happy you didn’t have to watch it.

And another thing, where are all those guys who ripped me for labeling them “Smoke & Mirrors”. I caught all kinds of flack for mentioning the weak, weak schedule last year. Without the 4 auto-matic ( or 3 ) wins this year they are proving to be who I thought they were….only worse. I’ll admit I had high hopes for this offense but those days are past now. doah

G, you are lucky you went to Hawaii and don’t have to watch this. grin

Well, the upside is the Vikings aren’t the worse football team in town this year. coffee

Mike m

Somebody has to be the cupcake

tim hurley

Too bad winnable game. That one looked like it came down to the schemes, Ibrahim who is amazing still needs something resembling a lane. Think if you have an entire half of running plays up the middle with little success you change it up at the half. Sacks and intercepts were mostly because of amazing coverage, again change it up, crossing routs, whatever…. I really wanted that handsome pig.

primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

No pig for you! grin

shady5

Typical Minnesota fizzle. Only Hermantown hockey is worthy of adoration.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I knew this would happen. One really good season in 75 years followed by a return to standard gopher football mediocrity. The lack of having 3 guaranteed wins versus non conference cup cakes isn’t helping either.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’m assuming the recruiting class was good again this season?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>shady5 wrote:</div>

So the excuse 3-4 years ago was this “wasn’t Fleck’s team/recruits”. Now it’s all Fleck’s team and we are still waiting for the recruit ship to come in?

Does Fleck ever start winning with the team he has vs the team he wishes he had?

Grouse

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Grouse i was referring to Hermantowns recruiting class not Flecks.

But yes, Hermantowns is likely better.

shady5

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>shady5 wrote:</div>

They’re deep every season. You know that!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

And another thing, where are all those guys who ripped me for labeling them “Smoke & Mirrors”. I caught all kinds of flack for mentioning the weak, weak schedule last year. Without the 4 auto-matic ( or 3 ) wins this year they are proving to be who I thought they were….only worse. I’ll admit I had high hopes for this offense but those days are past now. doah

Exactly
    Only Crickets!
    Can’t really blame them though, they just aren’t old enough to have gone through 50 years of dismal play, terrible coaches, and moronic AD’s.

and BTW I love this line – We need to build a world class stadium with all the bells and whistles before we can be a player again.

RTB!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

EPG at least we won’t need to watch them extend his contract or dole out a attendance bonus.

I’d love to hear his spin on that offense last night.

Graham Redshaw

Duluth doesn’t carry Gopher Football you were probably listening to 1040 WHO out of Des Moines.

Take the Pig, leave the timeouts! toast

Go Hawks!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What was with the three timeouts Ferrentz called in a row at the end of the game? I heard a little bit about that on the radio but I still can’t quite grasp the purpose of it.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

I think Ferentz was annoyed that the slogan machine still had the starters in the game and called a timeout to try to score.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Fleck calls a timeout with 20 seconds left in a game that was already over 35-0 at that point. Obviously it was a way for Ferentz to show his approval of flecks timeout. As he said if you take something you have to leave something so he left his timeouts.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Kirk Ferentz: “I figured we’d take Floyd with us and leave the timeouts here.”

– in response to PJ BS of leaving all of his starters in to try and score in the final seconds of a 35-0 game.

I got a pretty good chuckle out of this. PJ got trolled by 65 year old Ferentz.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Kirk Ferentz: “I figured we’d take Floyd with us and leave the timeouts here.”

– in response to PJ BS of leaving all of his starters in to try and score in the final seconds of a 35-0 game.

I got a pretty good chuckle out of this. PJ got trolled by 65 year old Ferentz.

Ferentz trolling…. way too easy to troll him back… ex players, lawsuit.. tongue bleeding… did people forget already and move on ?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Smoke & Mirrors will be kicking off at TCF soon vs Iowa. It should be a easy home win against a terrible Iowa team tonight.

Another Friday night game.

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol
    How’d that work out for ya?
    rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.