Gopher Basketball – Real Deal

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Hats off to Pitino and the Gopher hoops team. Road win at Maryland and won by 14 going away. 6 straight Big10 wins, 9-6 conf record, with home games with Nebraska and Penn St on the docket.

Tell me the last time the Gophers won 11 Big10 games before the tourney (or after it for that matter).

Pitino pulled the recruiting class, coached them to their potential and then some, and is proving he belongs in the job. Wasn’t so sure of that one year ago. And he has another good class coming in. Combine that with the new athletes village at the U and Gopher hoops is trending in the right direction.

I’ve watched this team play all year and they are really coming together, and at just the right time.

Go Gophs!

ET

glenn57
    cold spring mn

waytogo waytogo woot they definitely are fun to watch lately!

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Congrats to Pitino & and the Gophs finally!!! Imagine that… new facilities actually man something… I am always rooting for the coaches and I am always amazed by public perception regarding their abilities when so much more goes into the program than just the wins and losses. I know nobody is shocked that Greg Gard was under fire for losing two games in a row… my God, when little nagging injuries cut in to performance of key players, its always the coaches fault first. My .02 cents…

Mark

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I follow the Badgers & Big Ten basketball pretty closely. Don’t remember seeing much of anything in the way of Coach Gard being under fire for losing two games in a row.
    Several key players were under-performing. Some no doubt due to injuries and others just did not seem to be putting forth the effort needed to win a few of those games. Nigel Hayes came out and said as much.
    Around here though, no one was attacking Greg Gard. Most of us strongly believe he’s doing a fine job.

Congrats to the gophers on a big win against Maryland!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I am always rooting for the coaches and I am always amazed by public perception regarding their abilities when so much more goes into the program than just the wins and losses. I know nobody is shocked that Greg Gard was under fire for losing two games in a row… my God, when little nagging injuries cut in to performance of key players, its always the coaches fault first. My .02 cents…

Mark

I hadn’t seen much of this before last night but they’re coming out of the wood work to hammer on Gard this morning.
    As for the Badgers, that was the worst performance of the year. If they continue like this, the Gophers will roll us in our own gym.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.