Good polarized sunglasses

• bassh8er

I’ve found the Strike King S-11s a great value at around $40.

I’m sure the other, more expensive, glasses are somehow better, but I’ll never know.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Costas are in a class of their own (especially the glass lenses).

Costas are nice but very expensive if you need to fix them. I have a pair of Oakleys with the prism lens. Oakley has a selection of polarized lens’s that do well in different environments. The prism lens is what they offer for the water and they have been great. They actually developed the lens with the Navy so they could offer a quality polarized option they could wear on duty. They are sweet on the water and night and day different than any other pair of Oakley polarized glasses I’ve owned. The difference in lens is undisputable. I used to think if the glasses are polarized they are good for the water. I do not think that anymore. Every lens is different and every lens tint will have a different effect.

Alot of people will buy anything that says polarized thinking they are OK, but you may be buying the wrong tint of lens to go along with having polarized lens’s for water use. There is a big difference with lens color and lens quality when you are looking at water and if you don’t know then you don’t get the quality you expected.

CaptainMusky

Costas are nice but very expensive if you need to fix them.

costas have a lifetime warranty. Of you have an issue they fix it free, but you do have to pay an $11.95 processing fee.

CaptainMusky

I sent my costas back because the rubberized nose piece came loose and they sent me a new frame no cost.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Fish Whistle Outdoors wrote:</div>
    Costas are nice but very expensive if you need to fix them.

costas have a lifetime warranty. Of you have an issue they fix it free, but you do have to pay an $11.95 processing fee.

Wish that was true unfortuntaly. Their warranty covers manufacture defects just like a $20 pair manufacture would. You snap a $200 st croix rod, they will send you a new one. Costa will part it out and you will be better off buying a new pair. Heck, they do not even give you a break on a scratched lense.

Im hard on my glasses and have had multiple lens’s in multiple pairs. Costas lens’s are much more expensive than what you can otherwise get. I’ve had glass lens’s and I abuse them just the same. I’ve worn Costas and for the price the difference you get in sight quality compared to prisms or even some strike kings is not worth it in my opinion.

Not all of us lounge in a boat all day and then put our glasses away. My boat glasses are the same glasses I use when I ride motorcycles, wear at work etc. To me it’s no different than buying a new fully loaded pick up truck that you drive to work in your suit and tie everyday. It’s a whole lot of money for something that other people are hard on and wear in different conditions.

CaptainMusky

I guess it’s all in what you value in your money. I bought my costas 6 years ago. I wear them fishing in a boat or on the ice, driving, snowmobiling and atving. I’m certainly not easy on them. To me the clarity with the costa lenses is certainly worth every penny. My only regret is I didn’t buy a pair years earlier.

kabefisherman11

I would suggest oakley shallow water prisms. I bought a pair last year and I let a few guys try them out when I was up at vnp. I had to fight to get them back amazing clarity and great lower light performance, i.e. twilight or clouds. I would say they’re good for middle of the day but they let more light in than my other polarized oakleys.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.