Good old fashioned blizzard

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Well, Kayla is getting me out of work early, waytogo

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>
    More like Sunny and Pleasant Sharon wave

Aww thanks, Randy! But you’ve never seen me caught in traffic when I have to go to the bathroom. mrgreen chased

I ran into her and it scared the hell out of me. Never know what type of hex a woman will put on ya

Sharon
    SE Metro

jester jester jester

glenn57
    cold spring mn

anyone hear if the state is shutting down major roads south of hwy 14?????

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Most of the southern MN freeways are closed, or advised against travel:
    http://lb.511mn.org/mnlb/

I spoke to a teacher buddy by Fairbault, and they were closed for the day and hadn’t seen a snowflake by 10:30 when I talked to him…however it sounds like this one will fulfill it’s “quota” by the weather terrorists. About 3-4″ in Eden Prairie right now.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Looks like it shifted north! yay Hello sledding!!!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I just blew off between 5 and 6 inches. Its fairly wet snow. The wind is something else.

I got a 5′ snowblower for my tractor this year that’s gone unused. Needless to say, I’m pretty excited about the snow. And, there’s not gonna be any permies out on the local lakes…

Total peanut butter and jelly time y’all.

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

jerry b
    western WI

Just measured the stuff on the flats here, 5″ on the sheltered level. Looks like it’ll be snowshoes to the barn to hook up the snowblower in the morning. Glad I laid in a good supply of firewood yesterday, been a long time since we had power out, this could be it. . .jerr

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

anyone hear if the state is shutting down major roads south of hwy 14?????

90 west of Albert Lea is closed. There may be others but that one is all I know for certain.

Our news just showed an accident map for southern Minnesota and from Highway 14 between Dodge center and Mankato and points south of there the map is nothing but red stars where accidents are located. Its not the snow now, its the wind in the country.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I just checked 511.org, mainly cause I have to drive to fargo and Bismarck tomorrow. according to that site there isn’t an open road in the southwest corner of the state.

I even rescheduled my red wing trip for today to next week. man hwy 10 was an ice sheet.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Snow is wrapping up now, weather guy said 15 inches, the wind continues to make things miserable

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Looks like it shifted north! yay Hello sledding!!!!

Well, @suzuki, you got your wish. We had 8-10″ in Maple Grove, so you south-siders must have gotten more. Enjoy!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

It’s a record !

Groundhog Day Snowstorm Drops Record Amount On Metro, Southern Minn.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesotans are digging out from a powerful storm that dropped a record amount of snow in the Twin Cities and created blizzard-like conditions to the south.

More than a foot of snow piled up around the metro and communities to the south. The storms brought cities like Mankato to a virtual standstill late Tuesday.

Schools and businesses closed, planes were grounded, transportation officials closed highways and an interstate, plows were called back and law enforcement dealt with nearly 400 crashes statewide.

Snow removal crews started anew on Wednesday morning, while the Department of Transportation urged drivers to allow extra time to reach their destinations.

The National Weather Service was promising some sunshine later Wednesday.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

We got, maybe, an inch on the north shores of Lake Mille Lacs. But the BIG NW wind will turn that inch into 3ft. around the fish houses.

Sharon
    SE Metro

If only it could just snow on the grass and not on the roads and sidewalks. It’s kinda pretty if you can think back to before you had to drive in it or shovel it!

Attachments:
    1. Snow-Storm-Kayla.jpg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

GOOD OLD FASHIONED BLIZZARD

I think we would be better off looking for a Dairy Queen then listening to the weathermen.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Yes, that was me swearing and yelling at a snowblower this morning.

I change the oil, I run it once a month, fresh gas, new plugs, tender loving care. This morning was the first time in two years that I really needed it to work.

AND IT WON’T START flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame flame

No spark. Looks like I might get to find how far down inside this Tecumseh the ignition module is. Grrrrrr….

SR

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’m sorry to hear that, Dad! It’s no fun when equipment breaks and you really need it! I still remember when you and I bought that snowblower from my hardware store. I miss working there. )

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Kill switch. coffee

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve been known to forget about attaching the spark plug wire when I pull it out of storage. whistling

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Did you turn the gas line valve off last year?
    Mine can be impossible to start by hand the first time every year. Luckily it has electric start and that is the only time I ever use it.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

It was the electric start. It sounded like it was turning over but it really wasn’t. doah

At any rate it’s working so hopefully I’m ready for the next big one.

SR

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Got an old snowblower, 15yrs, no oil change, no special fuel, no summer treatments, sometimes will sit for a couple years, starts right up every time. Its magical. I should go grab it and try it out again.

Viewing 25 posts - 61 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.