Going Up…

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Watch out for debris

Attachments:
    1. Red-Wing.png

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

They put the dock in at the 494 access, and the next day it was partially under water and had a couple of big trees up against it.

The water is at the top of the ramp already.

S.R.

riverruns
    Inactive

Yep, almost a 6 foot rise in water level, and the flow up too 135K down here in Fountain City by Saturday. It’ll be a mess for awhile. doah

holstc

If a guy is going to be fishing this upcoming weekend on pool 4, what adjustments would you suggest? Stay in the lake, fish like it is the spring time with Hugh water, etc.?

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

There will still be guys out there on fish, but it could be a struggle compared to the consistently solid fishing I’ve experienced the past 3-4 weeks.

If you’re really into trolling you may have a tough time with grass, leaves, and other small debris fouling cranks. Nothing irritates me more than trolling water with suspended debris. If I sneak out, I’ll be working points in the lake pitching cranks, or possibly pulling crawlers as fish will be hunkered down tight feeding on the conveyor belt of food coming to them. If you can find current seams and avoid traffic along the rocks in the channel, there should willing fish nearby also.

Best of luck. Report back!

Deleted

This high / fast/ debris filled water, just makes sense for me to stay off the river. Definitely off pepin, Not worth it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Higher the water, the closer to shore.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I fished P3 last week and its only worse now. Tried the Namekagon last weekend and its a disaster too. Pretty much all streams are. Im writing off the rivers and sticking to the lakes for a while.

404 ERROR
    MN

I thought this was a thread about the Space Force…

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>
    sticking to the lakes for a while

Snore & bore!

I’ll need to harass some catfish this weekend. Love the challenge of changing conditions.

This weekend could be my first intentional catfish endeavor if I get out – would most likely be P2 for a few hours. What should I be looking for – deeper water with heavy current? I’m assuming soaking cut bait will work?

I have a few no roll sinkers and some circle hooks so I’m ready to go!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.