GMC COMMERCIAL

• tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Rant
    Do we really need a truck that doesn’t require our hands on the wheel? Are Americans that fricken lazy that now we can’t be bothered with driving anymore?

Question: Is a trolling motor with spot lock or I-pilot different?

stout93
    Becker MN

I do like my heated steering wheel. Will never get another truck without it!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Many people dont opt for blinkers in their new vehicles. Heck, I past 3 vehicles this morning in the dark with no headlights on.

Heck I wish I could turn my headlights off on my GMC. You could not imagine how many times I get bitched at while backing my boat in in the dark. Stupidest thing ever.

RVRDUX

turn truck off. Click e brake down 1 click and turn light off.

Ripjiggen

Or turn the knob to the left that’s all I do on my 2019 and my other 2 vehicles.

I ain’t given up my heated steering wheel for nutin…

Ripjiggen

I drive a 2018 Ram Tradesman

This baby has heat, tires, power windows, an 8′ bed that doesn’t have to be made and a Cummins diesel that could yank my house off the foundation mrgreen

Not much for frills, but it was the same cost as a decked out grocery getter half ton toast

I can live without air conditioned seats, a moon roof and a 16″ display. I just need a truck that can do what a truck is supposed to do, without costing another $20,000+ in creature comforts

You know if it weren’t for trucks we wouldn’t have tailgates.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

RIP Joe Diffie.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>RVRDUX wrote:</div>
    Many people dont opt for blinkers in their new vehicles. Heck, I past 3 vehicles this morning in the dark with no headlights on.

Heck I wish I could turn my headlights off on my GMC. You could not imagine how many times I get bitched at while backing my boat in in the dark. Stupidest thing ever.

RVRDUX

turn truck off. Click e brake down 1 click and turn light off.

I did that one one of my older trucks that had a actual e brake. My 2019 AT4 has a push button brake on the dash.

As I stated before turning know to left only turns off when in park. Once vehicle gets put in gear light turn back on. Cannot be turned off while in gear.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

Mr Big Eves
    Prior Lake, MN

We are evolving and technology is our future, like it or not. Eventually it will be illegal to grab the steering wheel on the interstate and highways. Then roads won’t exist and it will be a Skyway. Haven’t you guys seen the Jetsons?

CaptainMusky

Haven’t you guys seen the Jetsons?

SHouldnt we already be there by now based on that? I thought it was set in like 2020 or something.

Umy
    South Metro

What do you mean they stopped teaching kids how to write. Are you talking cursive or just writing in general?

For sure not teaching cursive. After 34 years in public education we are sadly teaching to the lowest common denominator – PERIOD. With so many ELL students ( english language learners) in our schools we can do nothing but. Celebrating diversity and equity is keeping this alive and thriving in our public schools. Don’t have to agree with me but it is fact. My kids got a great public school education because my wife and I were involved and worked with our kids. Seeing firsthand what we are doing today I would send my kids to private if I had to do it all over again. IMHO

Umy
    South Metro

hah hah hah hah hah hah hah

Umy
    South Metro

hah hah hah hah hah hah hah

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Matt Moen wrote:</div>
    technology ain’t gonna stop evolving boys

There’s technology that makes sense and there is technology that is stupid. My truck has an auto bright feature on there which turns my brights on for me when there are no cars around. It’s greatly appreciated and helps driving in rural areas at night. I can manage the steering wheel myself

Huh? How do you manage using the blinker if flicking your brights on is almost to much ?

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Then roads won’t exist and it will be a Skyway. Haven’t you guys seen the Jetsons?

No joke….George Jetsons birthday is August of 2022…. It’s coming! rotflol

My 2015 Ram Express doesn’t have to many frills. I still haven’t adjusted to the Bluetooth. It could have a backup camera, but it’s not on and Ive never used one yet. And I love parallel parking! Heck, I love parallel parking while pulling a trailer! I don’t chase to many new frills and doubt I ever will.

I hope behind the wheel tests always test on real driving skills. I wish they tested on more things. Checking oil, changing a tire, heck, putting gas in!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    Rant

This commercial irks me. Why are all these manufacturers obsessed with gadgets!? Do we really need a truck that doesn’t require our hands on the wheel? Are Americans that fricken lazy that now we can’t be bothered with driving anymore? We need a tailgate that opens up to 18 different configurations and costs 5k to replace!? We need an iPad on the dashboard….

How about a truck that just works? Goes from A to B, hauls what you need it to and lasts a long time. I guess the answer is yes Americans do want this crap because if they didn’t I’m sure the manufacturers wouldn’t design it.

Rant over

I’m with you on this crappie. It’s ridiculous the way they make these vehicles and it’s hard to find bare bones.
    I also notice no one seems to back up using mirrors any more. Everyone relies on cameras

mirrors! i would love to have a camera in my 2007 GMC. i do use my mirrors to make sure i am not doing anything crazy but i back in with my head looking back and you ain’t going to teach me differently! unfortunately i think i will be needing to get into a new truck soon……sigh. my fenders are rusting and i am hitting close to 110k.

Deuces

My GMC SLT is the cats a$$. Do you need it, no, but freakin YOLO toast

Viewing 17 posts - 61 through 77 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.