Glass lens fishing sunglasses prescription

• huskerdu

Current pair ( Costa)has served me well 580 g blue, I don’t think that plastic lens would hold up for my lifestyle. Is there any other manufactures offering polarized glass precription lens in a wrap around style? Priced out replacement Costa and was about $600.00 OUCH!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Unfortunately if you want glass and comparable quality to Costa, OUCH! will be the norm for price.

I don’t think that plastic lens would hold up for my lifestyle.

Can you elaborate?

huskerdu

I operate a aggregate business in the summer, rock dust , and dust in general.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Ouch is right. Is LASIK an option? Seriously. It’s some of the best money I have ever spent.

huskerdu

I have a mild correction , I was told that I would need cheaters to read with lasik, not worth the risk currently.
    I have thought about it , when it’s raining and I am outside lasik sounds good.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

If you want to get the cost down sometimes you can get generic frames/lenses from a optometrist’s store.

Last summer when I got some new ones, there was an in house options that would have been closer to $200-$300 than up around the $500 I had into my Maui Jim’s. Not apples to apples but might be a good option for your day to day.

Pauleye
    Onamia

I use some wrap around glass prescription Raybans from Pearl vision. Work well but not cheep.

FryDog62

I just ordered prescription Costas – they are only made now with Trivex I’ve been told. Apparently Trivex is tougher than Polycarbonate and also closer on par in terms of clarity with Costa glass, but lighter.

I was told it is the “best of both worlds” so take that with a grain of salt. Anyway, something to consider although Trivex is not cheap either…

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I got a pair of polarized prescription sun glasses at eyemart express for under a hundred bucks. They’re not high quality, but my average lifespan for glasses is under a year anyway.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

The problemo I ran into was to get polarized, trifocal, and NOT in a transitional lenz. Mine are lined plastic sunglasses. Made from my same every day framed glasses.

Will costas do the tris, in a non transitional polarized glass?

huskerdu

What I decided to was order new a pair of glass 580 Costa and send my old pair with a broken lens ( fell on tile floor) in for non-Costa glass polarized green mirror lens , a member on this form gave my a contact for new lens in old frames.
    The old frames were replaced under warranty 2 years ago.
    Never thought I would have this much money in sunglasses.
    Will report back when I have a chance to do side by side comparison.

jwellsy

Get a quote from the optical dept at Sam’s.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.