Getting grease off clothes

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Seems like I always have some shirts (and now lots of kids clothes) that have some type of tiny grease spots on them, whether it be from the garage or the plate. Not the big terrible stains, but the ones that look like water splashed on the clothes.

I used to use a product called “Greased Lightning” – spray it on, toss it in normal wash with any detergent, and the spots were gone. Also didn’t have to worry about it damaging anything in normal loads. Apparently they changed the formula when the bottle turned from yellow to white because it doesn’t work at all anymore, even if I let it sit hours or overnight, use oxy clean, etc, the spots remain.

Anyone have a product that works like my old one did?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Spray N Wash.

CaptainMusky

Try dawn dish soap. Ive used it before and it does work. Put a drop on the spot and let it soak in.

Jim Stoeckel
    Above the clouds.

I’ve had good luck with Zep brand orange citrus degreaser combined with oxyclean powder. I was able to remove old grease stains from clothes that had been washed and dried numerous times and had given up on. Just make a wet paste and scrub it with a toothbrush.

munchy
    NULL

Try dawn dish soap. Ive used it before and it does work. Put a drop on the spot and let it soak in.

+1

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

+1 on Dawn. Scrub it in and let it sit a while before washing. Seems to be color safe.

Bassn Dan

I just use the same Tide liquid to pretreat as to wash the clothes and let it sit 15 minutes or so before washing.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Old fashion lard soap. Super easy to make and will clean anything.

mojogunter

I use GOJO hand cleaner lemon. The regular GOJO work too, but it smells even after you wash it.

jon_wbl

I have had good luck using Simple Green. Spray on full strengh and let it sir a few minutes then toss in the wash.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.