Generator For IceHouse AC unit

• Rob G

Hey Guys, in a little conundrum as I have a 2016 Team Lodge ice-house 8×16 (similar to ice castle) that has a rooftop AC unit. I am trying to figure out if a Honda EU3000i Handi Generator will power up the AC unit. I tried calling the mfr. but not sure they are still around anymore. Nonetheless, have any of you used this round about wattage for your icehouse AC units? If so, what size house and generator size do you use?
    Thanks

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

To my knowledge that would do it for the ac, not sure as I am picking up my first wheel house this weekend. 3000 is the minimum from what I have heard to run the ac.

Coletrain27

If you know what the amp draw on the AC is then you can take volts X amps and it will give you the wattage needed

Jeff McClintock

Not particularly an answer to the original question but I installed a micro start in my AC unit on my ice castle RV edition, now i run my whole house with a 2200 watt honda generator. Typically never goes out of eco mode.

Rob G

Not particularly an answer to the original question but I installed a micro start in my AC unit on my ice castle RV edition, now i run my whole house with a 2200 watt honda generator. Typically never goes out of eco mode.

Hum that is interesting never heard of them, which one did you get? Any install photos? I have a 5 yr old eu2000 that I wonder if it would work with one of those. Just would be concerned to make sure I wouldn’t damage the AC unit or compressor… Else may need to sell this one and get the larger one

Red Eye

Most people say the honda 2000 is not quite enough. But pretty sure thats the exact reason they came out with the 2200.

Rob G

With the easy start my measured MAX amp draw was 8 amps. They will not harm your AC.

<div class=”ido-oembed-wrap”>EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Starter</div>

Definitely going to look into, how long have you been using it for? Found some quick reviews on Amazon, do you notice the AC not cooling as good with it installed? https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Air-EasyStart-Soft-Starter-ASY-364-X20-IP/dp/B085468Y9P/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Air+Conditioner+Soft+Start&qid=1598380344&sr=8-2#customerReviews

jetdriver
    Hudson WI

Haven’t used one but was recently camping at a 4×4 weekend event and saw a lot of the harbor freight predators there. They where super quiet and I think quite a bit cheaper than Honda
    I have a Honda clone predator motor that I use for mud motor on duck boat and it has been flawless

Forrest Melton
    Alexandria, MN

We have a 21ft IC, I’m not sure what size the a/c unit is. We use a honda EU3000i, it’ll run the a/c and fridge just fine.

Jeff McClintock

I have not noticed any change in cooling ability. My house is an 8×17 and is Black so it gets warm. I have had it for the summer season and have no complaints at all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.