Gas Weber rebuild

• stevenoak

Taking a buddy for the second phase of brain surgery to help control Essential Tremors next week. He hasn’t been able to prepare food for himself for over a year. His Weber is in bad shape, I want to rebuild it in hopes he can cook again after his surgeries. The burner from Weber is $40 to $50. Amazon has several replacements for $20 or less. It’s a stainless-steel tube with holes drilled in it. Not a supercomputer. Anyone had luck using aftermarket parts on Weber grilles??

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There is a place right off Hwy 10 in Coon Rapids that sells grill parts. Maybe somebody else can come up with their name or contact info. They might be worth a shot.

Nice gesture Steve. applause

stevenoak

Thanks. Few dozen appointments, 8 Doctors and a few thousand miles. Hope we are in the home stretch. Signs look good so far. I’ve allotted some money to help him. Just trying to make it go far as I can. I have the 100 and 300 size. have replaced the factory burners in them both at least once with Weber parts. They didn’t seem to last that long. Not sure it’s worth twice the price.

Fred Garvin

I’ve used grillparts.com
    Replaced the 3 burners and shields on a Ducane that I keep at Leech.
    No issues, work like new again.

the_hat
    SE Metro

I bought a replacement SS burner and drip covers off eBay. It was like 40 bucks maybe. Can’t remember. Bought the cast iron grates from Amazon for 50 more I think. This was for a 20 year old Weber Genesis. No complaints after a year. And I use mine 5 nights a week year round. Seemed better than 1300 for a new one.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I remember reading reviews on Amazon and seeing a lot about flimsy and poor fitting parts. Ended up rebuilding one with OEM stuff and was happy I did.

Other aftermarket stuff might be good but I wouldn’t order from Amazon if my life depended on it. They often source directly from China and change suppliers often.

tim hurley

Boy you are a great friend, I hear they are easy to rebuild.

MX1825

Never bought a burner but SS grates and flavorizer bars from grill parts were half price and lasted 15 years.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Taking a buddy for the second phase of brain surgery to help control Essential Tremors next week. He hasn’t been able to prepare food for himself for over a year. His Weber is in bad shape, I want to rebuild it in hopes he can cook again after his surgeries. The burner from Weber is $40 to $50. Amazon has several replacements for $20 or less. It’s a stainless-steel tube with holes drilled in it. Not a supercomputer. Anyone had luck using aftermarket parts on Weber grilles??

Steve, I wish not to derail your rebuild thread, I have the same diagnoses of Essential Tremors a year ago. May we speak in the instant messages here (or what ever they are called)? Please send me a PM if you are willing. Thank you.

Here is a link to the Weber Gas Rebuild Forums
    Reber Rebuild

stevenoak

[

Steve, I wish not to derail your rebuild thread, I have the same diagnoses of Essential Tremors a year ago. May we speak in the instant messages here (or what ever they are called)? Please send me a PM if you are willing. Thank you.
    Denny, I’d be happy to share what we’ve learned with you. By you saying “or what ever they are called”. Think we are from the same era. I’ve gotten a couple private messages and never figured out how it works. If you can message me your phone number and a good time to call. I’d be happy to visit. Tuesday I’ll be at the hospital all day. I have 3 family members fighting cancer, so to limit my exposure the local park or my truck is my waiting room. After I get him checked in, I’ve got all day. Or plenty of time any other day. Let me know. Steve

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

The place Dutch brought up is Little Big Horn 763-755-3971. Cool little place I grew up around there, we would always fill propane there, one of the few places around that still charges by the pound.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Stevenoak

Click on your name – upper right hand corner
    Click messages
    then click “inbox”

stevenoak

Thanks, I got there. Nothing yet.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

[

Denny, I’d be happy to share what we’ve learned with you. By you saying “or what ever they are called”. Think we are from the same era. I’ve gotten a couple private messages and never figured out how it works. If you can message me your phone number and a good time to call. I’d be happy to visit. Tuesday I’ll be at the hospital all day. I have 3 family members fighting cancer, so to limit my exposure the local park or my truck is my waiting room. After I get him checked in, I’ve got all day. Or plenty of time any other day. Let me know. Steve

Steve you have a PM = Personal message, that was what I could not think of.
    Denny O

stevenoak

Got it. Just leaving for the hospital to be there by 6:00. I’ll call later today.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.