Gas Prices

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Since there’s always chatter about this topic I thought I’d share my experience with the Upside app.

I started using it about a month ago and have earned a out $35 so far using it. A coworker of mine turned me onto it. I always heard advertisements on the radio and it always sounded too gimmicky. Did a little research to see how they actually make money since it literally costs you nothing to use it and it seems to make sense. They basically share profits of all the sales they generate with the companies they represent.

If nothing else it gives you a quick reference of gas prices in your area. Seems like Holiday, Casey’s and BP are the ones that participate in my area.

Attachments:
    1. A12207EB-F4A1-44AD-82A3-1F54786A9FB4.png

Gitchi Gummi

I’ve been using it for several months now and have cashed out close to $100. Its the real deal and super easy to use. Highly recommended

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Started using it in March of 2021. Earned $612 so far. Made most of the money at cub foods. That has since been removed from the app so I’ll be earning less now

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I just now noticed it has coburns. That’ll work for me.

I need to hop on a purchase from coburns because it’s offering a $0.20/gal cash back offer on gas through the weekend.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

You sure they don’t profit from utilizing your data and purchase info? Doesn’t seem like the affiliated companies would gain much from purchases you are likely already making, but if they can upsell you with xyz coupon on an add-on purchase that would be a value add for the companies. Basically I assumed the value was from you selling your data directly to the companies, so they can market to you more efficiently.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Your probably 100% right but I’d rather try and get something back for data that’s being mined anyway.

I’m not one to go for the add on purchase so for me it doesn’t have much of a downside. That’s why they call it the upside app rotflol

I already assume my data is bing mined in numerous ways already, I can’t imagine that this raises my risk any. Since you don’t have to give them a bunch of emotive information, the risk to the user seems very low.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I already assume my data is bing mined in numerous ways already, I can’t imagine that this raises my risk any.

Agreed, seems the more you can get something back for your date the better, as Google/Social Media/Yahoo or whatever apps are getting all your data anyway. TikTok and the CCP is where I draw the line whistling . I’d use Upside but I usually get gas at Costco. $3.45/gallon this morning which is pretty good in the SW Metro, somehow St. Cloud/Royalton and Hastings/Red Wing are always a lot cheaper and comparable to Costco’s city price.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I’ve been using Upside for awhile now. Cashed out over $450. I dropped my costco membership, because I mainly used it for gas but can get gas cheaper with upside now! So easy to use and so easy to cash out.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve made a little over a thousand with the get up side app, works great when the work truck is at minimum 150 to 300 a day in diesel

Sharon
    SE Metro

Started using it in March of 2021. Earned $612 so far. Made most of the money at cub foods. That has since been removed from the app so I’ll be earning less now

Yeah why’d they get rid of groceries!? That was my biggest savings. Now it’s just gas and restaurants. I hope Cub and Target participate again soon!

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

Yeah why’d they get rid of groceries!? That was my biggest savings. Now it’s just gas and restaurants. I hope Cub and Target participate again soon!

You can use it at coborns/cash wise grocery stores now. I have been using it for a bit now and am up over $700. It’s a plus when you can add fleet cards to your account, filling up a diesel can add up quick.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You can use it at coborns/cash wise grocery stores now. I have been using it for a bit now and am up over $700. It’s a plus when you can add fleet cards to your account, filling up a diesel can add up quick.
    [/quote]

The fleet card is what all my earnings come from.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Mine doesn’t show Coborn’s as an option. 🤷‍♀️ What are fleet cards?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine doesn’t show Coborn’s as an option. 🤷‍♀️ What are fleet cards?

Company fuel and credit cards.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.