Garmin Transducer GT54UHD vs. GT56UHD

• toddrun

For those of you that have used or seen the difference between the Garmin GT54UHD and GT56UHD transducers, can you share an opinion on whether the GT56UHD is worth the extra cost?

With the incredible sale prices on the GT54UHD units, they are a huge savings over the newer GT56UHD units. And with the Spring sales coming up, I assume there will be even better prices on the GT54UHD units.

My understanding of the difference is that the GT56UHD gives 3 frequencies on DI and SI, and has more power at 500w vs. 350w. But, the frequency at typically shallower waters like MN lakes, I don’t see an advantage. Actually a disadvantage, as the GT56UHD has a max of 100kHz and the GT has a max of 1200kHz so actually better. Although the power likely give a better image quality.

I am just wondering if the image quality is that much better to warrant the extra cost, for a casual MN lake fisherman, just looking for decent SI and DI.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If your looking for good images then the GT-54 will be more than fine…GT-56 is the top dog right now and will produce slightly better images.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

There are some decent video comparisons on youtoob in case you haven’t seen them already.

j

mojogunter

If you decide you want to go with the GT56UHD I will offer one up. A couple weeks ago I bought a Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv Touch-Screen Fish Finder/Chartplotter Combo with LakeVü G3 Inland Maps for $1100, and assumed it would network with my existing gpsmap unit on the boat. I installed everything on the boat and networked the two units and got an error. I called Garmin and sure enough they will not network together. The unit has been turned on for a total of about 30 minutes. I will sell it for $1000 so without sales tax you would have a savings of about $175.

OG Net_Man

I was recently wondering the same thing. I then reviewed the side imaging footage from each that I located on-line. I decided to go with the GT56UHD.

IMO – I was able to notice clearer detail with the GT56UHD which can only help with identification of objects.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.