Garmin mapping question.

• robby
    Quad Cities

Hello. I have 2 Garmin 73sv units on my boat. 1 on the console and 1 on the bow. The units came with HD mapping, the basic level. Question is if I get a chip for better mapping does that chip download into the units so I can have the same mapping on each or do I have to buy 2 chips? The units are linked with the optional data cable. Im confused. Suprise! Lol. Any help is appreciated.

mojogunter

It should link together, or you can load the maps on them as well. I just loaded the upgraded maps on one of mine, and I can see it on both. I have a couple 7610xsv series locators.

mojogunter

Maybe if the Lakes you fish regularly are covered. They are not for me, so I never bought one.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I plan on adding a bird helix sonar/GPS with a LM chip at some point. Save up an extra $250 from buying the HD version chip from lakevu. Isn’t the maps supposed to be HD already anyways?

I have 73sv as well. Will be making the switch from Garmin whenever I get more dough. Unless they come out with something with navionics which is a possibility now. Time will tell.

Red Eye

With the news of Garmin buying Navionics can we expect a update to be able to use our older Navionics chips?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.