Garmin Livescope Bundle Weights (Different cases, screens, batteries and cables)

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I use the front 4 holes, you cant tilt the screen if you use the back 4…keep the screws loose and push the cradle back a tiny bit and then tighten them down, the little bit helps. You also need to keep the screen angled the same as the case when zipping it up. I’ll try and upload a short video of me zipping my case shut. My old case was very tight to zip shut, you can see this new one isn’t…
    I do have the LVS34 stored in the outside pocket as I dont want to scratch the elements cramming it inside the case until I get a cover for it, not sure if that effects the closing or not? I’ll test that when my cover arrives

Quick Update – I use the neoprene Net Buddy LVS34 cover, it doesn’t effect the bag closing at all BUT if I keep the Summit LVS34 perspective pole mount attached to the LVS34 it does take a little Tetris to get it all to fit inside the case and not poke out a bit making the case closing a little more difficult…

Angler II

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Angler II wrote:</div>
    Bumping this back up….As I am just piecing my livescope together with a 106sv. Joe, was the 18 AH battery enough to run the 106 for a full day? If not and I buy a 30, did you go with the slim battery or wide? Also, do you have the part number for the new XL bag? I don’t want to get stuck with the old stock XL bag.

The 18AH LifePO4 battery is no longer made, they replaced it with a 20AH, but it’s still not enough for all day 106sv + Livescope (probably 5-6 hours) unless you jack the backlight down to the point of it not being usable…I personally went with the 32AH NMC Amped battery, it’s about 40% less weight vs the 30AH LifePO4 battery…I would get the wide version so it sits perfectly in the Garman bag shuttle battery slot.

The newer Garmin bags have the same part #, you just need to hope the store you buy from has newer stock vs an older bag that was sitting on their shelf for years…

Thanks Joe.

Andy Kahrs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Angler II wrote:</div>
    Bumping this back up….As I am just piecing my livescope together with a 106sv. Joe, was the 18 AH battery enough to run the 106 for a full day? If not and I buy a 30, did you go with the slim battery or wide? Also, do you have the part number for the new XL bag? I don’t want to get stuck with the old stock XL bag.

The 18AH LifePO4 battery is no longer made, they replaced it with a 20AH, but it’s still not enough for all day 106sv + Livescope (probably 5-6 hours) unless you jack the backlight down to the point of it not being usable…I personally went with the 32AH NMC Amped battery, it’s about 40% less weight vs the 30AH LifePO4 battery…I would get the wide version so it sits perfectly in the Garman bag shuttle battery slot.

The newer Garmin bags have the same part #, you just need to hope the store you buy from has newer stock vs an older bag that was sitting on their shelf for years…

Joe – how long does the 32AH NMC Amped battery last with our 106sv and Livescope? I currently have the 93sv and am thinking about putting together another shuttle with my 106sv so both my son and I have one for ice fishing this year? I’m concerned about battery life and if it will last me 15+ hours (we ice camp and spend alot of time on the ice). Thanks for your help.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Don Meier wrote:</div>
    22.8 LBS 106, Garmin XL bag and base Amped 30 battery

You should check your scale…

The Amped 30ah battery itself is 3 lbs heavier than a 18ah…The 106 screen and cradle mount are alot heavier than a 93uhd. I weighed my Ultra106 Garmin bag & Shuttle with an 18ah battery and it was 23.6 lbs, then you add the extra 3 lbs of the 30ah battery weight difference and that puts the Ultra 106 & 30ah shuttle weight at 26.6 lbs

I must have made an error . So weighed on 2 different scales and got 23.6 lbs ?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I beleive the 32ah battery is rated to last for 14+ hours with a 106sv Livescope setup…you’ll need to move upto the 48ah battery for 21+ hr of runtime, but that adds 2+ lbs of weight and alot of bulk inside the case….these runtimes can be increased quite a bit by turning down the backlight…

BrianF

JoeMX, I’m considering the jump from a 93 to the 106 for ice fishing. Can you give some real world feedback on what it’s like to hole hop with that 106? Also, is the wiring compatible on the two units?

TOM

I put mine in a small otter sled and just drag it around. Hole hopping with the livescope is tricky and hard on the arms.

JoeMX1825
    MN

JoeMX, I’m considering the jump from a 93 to the 106 for ice fishing. Can you give some real world feedback on what it’s like to hole hop with that 106? Also, is the wiring compatible on the two units?

it’s totally doable, but its about 25 lbs you’re hauling around… I just love the bigger & sharper 106 screen though… The 93uhd bundle (with 32ah battery) is about 22 lbs so its going to be heavy hauling around a Livescope no matter what you have…

The Garmin All-in-One wiring harness supports the 93 & 106, you just need to swap out the cradles…

BrianF

Thx Joe. The ice unit gets installed on the bow of my boat for open water, so seems like it would be worth it. I’ve got the 32AH batt. Wondering what kind of run time you’re getting on the larger more power-hungry 106?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Amped’s website says 11-13 hours, you can extend that several hours if you lower the backlight to 80%…

BrianF

Joe, you cost me $1,100…lol.

I rec’d my 106 and installed it in the new XL bag. Mine won’t zip like yours did in the video. Re-read this entire post and realized I didn’t turn the cradle 180 degrees so hoping that helps. Will do that today. She’s definitely a beast to haul around but so was the 93. Figured I’ll just build more muscle with the extra weight and fish lifting that’s gonna happen. Ha

Thx for all the info!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Joe, you cost me $1,100…lol.

I rec’d my 106 and installed it in the new XL bag. Mine won’t zip like yours did in the video. Re-read this entire post and realized I didn’t turn the cradle 180 degrees so hoping that helps. Will do that today. She’s definitely a beast to haul around but so was the 93. Figured I’ll just build more muscle with the extra weight and fish lifting that’s gonna happen. Ha

Thx for all the info!

Yeah, I just don’t see them getting much lighter unless Garmin figures out how to eliminate the GLS10 and put that processing in the head units….Bags will stretch out a bit after some use, yes spinning the cradle should help, also pay attention to utilizing the slight slop to your advantage when tightening the screws down…you also have to tilt the screen a bit to align with the case angle when closing it…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I “might” be switching my bundle up a bit for the future. I’m looking into the new Summit HD shuttle because I like the ability to switch off the master power (yes I could add this to the Garmin shuttle) but more importantly I like the idea of being able to store the Summit pole on the Shuttle handle with the new clips…This would allow me to carry everything with 1 hand when moving holes on the ice and provide a safe solution for the pole when moving on the ATV. Right now the pole is placed ontop my Monster ATV box, but it moves around alot when traveling…The new Summit Shuttle would allow me to just place the bag (with pole securely attached) ontop of the Monster box and no worries of it falling off…

JoeMX1825
    MN

So I switched over to a Summit HD Shuttle and Large Bag, mostly for the Summit Shuttle Pole clips, Main Power Kill Switch and Front charge port, but I also wanted a little more room for the transducer storage and the Summit bag provides that with side pockets that can fit the LVS34 with a cover on it and a Transducer cord passthrough cutout. All other pieces of my bundle have remained the same.

New Shuttle & Bag Weight is 28.2 lbs! Yikes! but i’ll sacrifice a few more pounds for the advantages the new shuttle & bag provides…This years Summit Large size bag is 1″ bigger in all directions, this allows it to easily zip up with a Garmin 106 head unit tilted, it fits perfectly.

I know alot of folks say the ArcLab is better, I’ll agree on build quality, but the wiring is alot more exposed in the Arclab and I hate the fact that the Arclab pole doesn’t fold into itslef and the charge port is on the side so you’ll need to take it out of the bag to charge it…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6541-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_6540-scaled.jpeg

BrianF

Joe, good intel on that bag!

Got a question though…what are you powering your 106 with these days? I need a new batt but don’t see the Amped 32ah Wide on their website. Need something that lasts all day and will fit into a Garmin shuttle.

James Almquist

Its still there and in stock. Look under the Fishing Lithium Batteries.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Finally found the Large Bag Pole Clips online in stock for the Summit HD shuttle. These are a game changer for me….

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6572-scaled.jpeg

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Enough about the shuttle and bag, lets see some screen shots/videos of this in action. I love watching these and could watch them like TV. LOL

JoeMX1825
    MN

Enough about the shuttle and bag, lets see some screen shots/videos of this in action. I love watching these and could watch them like TV. LOL

go find me some SAFE ice )

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.