Garmin expanding the mapping market

• buddah6

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/fishandhunt/garmin-partners-arrow-mapping-bring-lakevu-hd-paper-maps/

Looks like Garmin is going to give Hummingbird/Lakemaster a run for its money! I like this because lakemaster discontinued its paper maps which I liked to plan out trips without just the Navionics app. Hopefully with Garmins purchase of Navionics and now this partnership good things are on the horizon for better and more accurate choices for mapping technology. Hopefully a new chip on the market as well other than Garmins Lakevu which is good but I still think Lakemaster is superior.

Red Eye

Anyone know if a current navionics chip will work in a garmin echo? I bought a boat that has a 12” bird and a 9” garmin on it. Garmin is preloaded but looking at the contour maps I like the lakemaster in the bird better.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

$20 per map. If I fished one lake alot, I’d have no problem buying one of these. Just to have in the cabin and talk with the guys about would be cool.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Those look like nice maps — anybody know what size they’ll be? I went to the Arrow Maps website but didn’t see that detail.

mojogunter

No, they do not work in a Garmin

Anyone know if a current navionics chip will work in a garmin echo? I bought a boat that has a 12” bird and a 9” garmin on it. Garmin is preloaded but looking at the contour maps I like the lakemaster in the bird better.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

A framed map of someone’s lake that they have a cabin on would also make a great x-mas present. whistling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.