Garmin Echomap & Minn Kota

• Robert Duncan

So as I get ready to up my game on boat electronics, I have a couple of questions that maybe someone can help me with.

1. Can a Echomap plus control a Terrova or Ultrex? If so, point-to-point or contour following?
    2. Can it control speed and remote spot lock?
    3. If not to the above, is there a converter/gateway available for Autopilot to I-Pilot?
    4. If no on Minn Kota, how about Motorguide?

I know the bird’s do this but I want panoptixs and that is more important.

carver
    West Metro

I have been asking for this for a while Robert.

This is for both products MK and MG.
    1 and 2 are a NO. 3 is also a no.

This is just my opinion on what could happen. I don’t foresee MK able to connect to Garmins or any NEMA network anytime soon. For MG since they already do this with Lowrance, is probably the way it may go. There are other units out there like Raymarine in the same boat.

With anything that comes to market I bet Lowrance has the MG relationship locked up for a while so without some other agreement, I don’t see anything happening.

I don’t foresee Garmin allowing anyone else license the panpotix technology anytime soon in trade for some type of integration either.

404 ERROR
    MN

Your best best is to keep a smaller HB unit up front for all features you describe and run a Garmin next to it for PO and other sonar use. It’s essentially the only way you’ll get all the features your looking for, unfortunately.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.